Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Alliance Current Events Smackfest Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Zillah wrote: »
    A shorter range Falcon is a dead Falcon. They're really slow, lack manoeverability and have no hitpoints, range was the only thing keeping them alive.

They are still a viable ship. You can align out and jam tackles, as well as still providing jams on your normal targets. You should always fit a 1600 plate on them too, I know you will disagree on that but it's a decent buffer and significantly improves your survivability.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

kyp_durron wrote: »
    They are still a viable ship. You can align out and jam tackles, as well as still providing jams on your normal targets. You should always fit a 1600 plate on them too, I know you will disagree on that but it's a decent buffer and significantly improves your survivability.

No no, I flew Falcons for months, I always fit a plate, you can't afford mid slots for shields and it adds a huge buffer (proportionate to the original HP...).

I just think forcing a Falcon into close range is a little petty. They were already very tricky to fly well and have fun: They do no dps, they can't tackle, you just sit there jamming stuff. I suppose flying a Falcon might be more exciting now, but only because you'll explode more often.

Is the rook anyway viable now?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

falcon was insanely overpowered, perma jamming stuff at 200km is retarded, I guess if all you could do was falcon away in perfect safety and shot missl then maybe you shouldnt come back at all v0v

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Falcons were ****ing terrible 200 km range able to perma jam nearly anything utterly ruined small gang/solo pvp in low sec (and i assume 0.0) now they are still a powerful ship but no longer immune to sentry guns / any sort of dps short of a long range fleet battleship iv used one myself a few times since the change against gank gangs (2 vrs 6-7 etc) and won each time v0v.
    And no, I will never fly a Ferox they're terrible

Ferox is one of the best most fun versatile and underestimated ships in eve so so many good fights with thoses because so few people expect to get smacked in the face by 500 dps from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

bizmark wrote: »
    Ferox is one of the best most fun versatile and underestimated ships in eve.

Agreed , decent speed , great buffer tank , when fit with electrons + 3 MFS (or 2 MFS + 1 Tracking enchancer ) can pump out decent DPS with enough grid for a medium neut , and plenty mids to play with

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote: »
    500 dps from it.

Really? Hmm, interesting...

yea its good, blasters or lasers

According to EFT my crow is now a fraction as fast as it once was. Did they utterly gimp polycarbs at some point?

Yea they brought in a speed nerf , as far as i know everything got slowed down but the main focus was the make the hull's that where intended to move fast go fast and the ones that weren't go slower .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Yeah you now get a sig radius reduction when using your mwd per level of interceptor :D

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote: »
    Yeah you now get a sig radius reduction when using your mwd per level of interceptor :D
    Aye that too , but i could never get the hang of interceptors , i usually end up burning into a low orbit on my ranis then flying out the other side and on the reapproach getting owned

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Aye that too , but i could never get the hang of interceptors , i usually end up burning into a low orbit on my ranis then flying out the other side and on the reapproach getting owned

Practice, love killing overconfident 'faster' interceptors in my taranis.

Practice, love killing overconfident 'faster' interceptors in my taranis.

You fit dual propulsion ?

Spose i should keep to topic as well , i was in pure blind last night on a Vexor roam with a mate after some success i gogt popped and noticed a system with nearly every item for sale 3 jumps out , x-tsomething . Upon arrival 200 in local and its so laggy when i land on station it looks like the station warped to me ...

Anyway the 200ppl in local are Pandemic legion in noob ships (significant as i noticed in the irish channel most players are in PL ) After buying some stuff (i already accepted the loss but i taught i would try pop some first ) i undock and to my luck 3 MH SB's land on station , the blob moves to engage as i get away

Our alliance has had two bashes at 0.0 the second time for two months after being offered space by WI in geminate , but once the region stabalised the NC accused us to " giving information to there enemies " ( i don't see how we where pets to a pet alliance ) and dropped NAP's and not even giving us time to move our **** out ...

Anyways i forgot the point ..... i think it was that our alliance was never really big enough to do fun **** like that , do ye do it often ?

And how is PL doing against the Mostly Harmless and Friends ?

This is probably a tl;dr post but anyways , this is alot more fun then writing an essay on plamid based quinolone resistance :/

Yeah I remember that, that's been the case for the Crow for a long time now, but I remember in EFT that polycarbs used to be the real speed boost, but now they make almost no difference.

I do like that rigs are in sizes now, seemed a little crazy that a rig for a titan cost the same as a rig for a frigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Gneez wrote: »
    atm hacs are about 110 to 130 mil and commands are about 180 (I think nighthawks are about 240) making t2 prices high, CCP keep reworking the t2 production model so if things do not get cheaper you will at least be able to have some basic insurance on t2 ships
    eek, last time I was playing damnations were going for 85 - 95 mil a pop, thats a lot of inflation.
    caldari AF's will never be good
    I have a few hawks (I think they are hawks anyway) somewhere ... could never sell the bastard things, dont remember if they were in empire or not even
    Amarr rule atm
    Gallente any good?, my in-game namesake is 90% gallente. Bah, only a matter of time til they nerf the **** out of amarr, then minnies and then gallente will rule again!!!!!! (caldari always were and always will be ratting and mission ships :pac:)

BigEejit wrote: »
    Gallente any good?, my in-game namesake is 90% gallente. Bah, only a matter of time til they nerf the **** out of amarr, then minnies and then gallente will rule again!!!!!! (caldari always were and always will be ratting and mission ships :pac:)

Yea Gal are still fine but there's a lot of whining about them lately from gallente purists because lasers had massive optimal, minmatar have lots of falloff and gallente have neither but they are still high damage ships at close range like always, tbh I fly ishtars and vexors with lasers a lot of the time these days because they are the best of both worlds :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

nothing beats the Laser Scorpion .. the Lorpion :pac:

Davthalas just pulled a Gneez =/

seen that coming a mile away v0v

edit: It'll be hilarious if it turns out someone was actually stupid enough to give him director roles

Gneez wrote: »
    seen that coming a mile away v0v

edit: It'll be hilarious if it turns out someone was actually stupid enough to give him director roles

Nah nobody was that dumb this time.

• Advertisement

glad I didnt photograph MY penus and share the photo's before I did what I did tbh, boy would my face be red if I had

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

From the way he is pulling it from the photo I guess his face was red when he took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

From the bio of Dav.
    I'm like a bad rash, you can keep scratching at me but I won't go away....coincidentally thats also like the IRA but thats neither here nor there.

*Disclaimer: Cannot be held responsible for things I do when under the infleunce of alcohol and/or illicit drugs.

Perhaps he was drunk or under the infleunce (sic) of illicit drugs. He can't be held responsible if that's the case.

BigEejit wrote: »
    I have a few hawks

They're not terrible as anti-inty ships. I took on a hawk in a crow the other day, and even though I had him locked down with a faction web he was still able to do a hell of a lot more damage to me than I was to him, had to break off. If he had a smarter fit he might have brought me down.

(EDIT: And yes, I know webs are gimped these days. The fit is from pre-Apocrypha where it was the ultimate 1v1 trump card for inties. Overheated it webs out to 19k which allows me to rape other inties. Still works, though not as well.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

What happened with goons and legion of deathXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?

Goons in mistake wallet shocker.... :pac:

Aahahahahaha holy hit. Delve has not, to this day, been successfully invaded. We'll have to see who tries to take out IT next. Perhaps they'll manage it without sov vanishing on a massive scale.

To syndicate! Or the north. I hope we go join the NC, thereby saving both our asses. Either that or its nothing but Jihad for the next few months. The fall of Delve that empire miners are cheering on could be the worst thing to happen to them in years :pac:

(I haven't been online properly since last night so I don't know quite how bad it is, but its looking pretty damn bad.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

That was unexpected....

For those who dont know

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png
    http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/1001/sotg.mp3

(Too long; didnt listen)
    -Goons forgot to pay sov,
    -Jump bridges down
    -suspect zenith affinity is also evac'ing
    -Order to evac, goons going to syndicate

well f*** me

Zillah wrote:
    The fall of Delve that empire miners are cheering on could be the worst thing to happen to them in years

This.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wasnt Delve like the promised land for the Goons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

oh my lynchpin backbone :pac:

Advertisement