Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants for Kids

Options
  • 06-03-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,

I am coming up to Dublin in a few weeks with my 2 nephews and little niece. Its the nieces birthday party. She is 7 and I promised to bring her to see visit her Auntie in Dublin. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant to take kids (not McDonalds) and maybe a few adults?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Jharrb wrote: »
    Hi,

I am coming up to Dublin in a few weeks with my 2 nephews and little niece. Its the nieces birthday party. She is 7 and I promised to bring her to see visit her Auntie in Dublin. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant to take kids (not McDonalds) and maybe a few adults?

Try thunderroad, in temple bar, kid friendly, good food. Its themed and they give crayons etc to the kids...

they have a website..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Would agree with the above suggestion, or maybe T.G.I. Fridays at Stephens Green but you might be better of trying another forum like Dublin City, Parenting, or I think there's a restaurant guide in the Food & Drink forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

what day and time are you coming up cus temple bar can be a bit loud and full of hen/stag parties at the weekend - alot of them go for a meal early before heading out drinking for the night. Captain americans is awesome but you'd need to book as they get real full real quick most nights.

Joels is out a little bit [past newlands cross] but is fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Out towards Newlands cross. Joels restaurant is fine. It is quite big and kids are welcome. Decent grub at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was going to recommend Joels too. Nice big family friendly place, with good grub and friendly service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

When I was a kid I dropped my first tamagotchi into the toilet in Joels and never saw it again.

Good resteraunt though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Jharrb wrote: »
    Hi,

Eddie rockets or captain americas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Eddie rockets or captain americas?

eddie rockets isn't much of a step up from Mcdonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Spur in liffey Valley Shopping centre is good for kids, they have a good play centre in the restuarant and you can watch them play on monitors whilst u demolish a damn good steak..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Milano's €7 for the kiddies menu, starter, small mains, desert and babychino, my niece loves it. Very child friendly. Plus decent food for adults too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

WAGAMAMA across from the Gaiety. It does noodle dishes, rice etc in a nice atmosphere. Great quick service. My problem is now that when we go to Dublin my kids wont go anywhere else. And it';s healthy food too, no chips etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

This thread may feel more at home in the parenting forum or perhaps the food one. Sending it across....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jharrb

Joels sounds good but thinking centre of town. The places that give things to keep the kids occupied sound good. Is there many places like this? What kind of stuff do they give out? Coming up on a Thursday so Templebar should be ok too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 littlemissbusy

try menupages.ie for prices and location etc

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

The Bad Ass Cafe - crown alley, temple bar is very good for families and right in the centre. Its usually busy but there are plenty of tables so you won't wait long. Food is good burgers, pizza, pasta etc. - plenty of choice for both children and parents. The children can colour in the menu, and theres lots to look at (murals on the walls) etc.

I'm no fan of TGI's meself... captain americas is FAR better if you are up that end of Grafton St. Milanos is great. Another option we have done a few times is the Good World chinese on S. Great Georges st - they do great Dim Sum so you can order loads of different things which is a fun way for kids to eat.

Advertisement