Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Blunt is a ****

• 06-03-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Singer James Blunt has hit out at the media for reporting on Britney Spears' personal life and habits rather than her music.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, Blunt described Spears as a "phenomenal artist", before criticising the media for reporting on the fact that she was photographed wearing no underwear.

"I think when you put the emphasis on her knickers and not on her talent, you lose perspective," he said.

It really detracts, as a whole, from things that are really important, like global warming and war."

"Sending paparazzi to investigate things like this is useless. We're better than that; we have the power to teach and educate. Let's spend our time on that."

What a knob.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Meirleach

Whilst I agree that he's a knob, I think he sorta did have a good point there. The press spends far too much time going on about celebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The news media is a form of entertainment.

If he was referring to something like RTE and the BBC, I would agree with him. But tabloids are part of the entertainment industry and are not obliged to mention global warming or war.

Britney sells more papers, so that's what they're going to report on. I think that's fair enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Blunt knob: AGREE

Spears talented: DISAGREE

Media wasting everyones time: AGREE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So is he a cúnt or a knob or he is a hermaphrodite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

He has a point about Britney though.

Should the media leave her alone? Yes, of course.

Are they going to leave her alone? Of course they are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Leave James Blunt alone! He just had 2 kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Roisinof

i think that the media don't like to tell people any good news and so that's why celebs receive sooooo much attention. it's not as though they are making major changes in the world, only what some people wear. they aren't solving world hunger! what makes them so special just because they have a lot of money!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

tbh I saw him on Top Gear and thought he was pretty ****ing funny and charismatic. Whats he done that makes him a knob? If its about the music then fair enough it's not my style(hahaha) but yeah,what did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    tbh I saw him on Top Gear and thought he was pretty ****ing funny and charismatic. Whats he done that makes him a knob? If its about the music then fair enough it's not my style(hahaha) but yeah,what did he do?

I thought he was funny as hell too. His stories about his time in the Army were good and he was slagging off his own songs. Clarkson was falling about the place laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

dublindude wrote: »
    Singer James Blunt has hit out.......

"I think when you put the emphasis on her knickers and not on her talent, you lose perspective," he said.
    What knickers?

To be fair, theres no other celebrity that seems to go commando as much as Brittney. Its not exactly the best strategy to get the paparazzi off your case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Why is he a knob? People are jealous of people that are succesful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I like him, saw him at the RDS and thought he was quite charismatic also.. sexy bastard too :D not to mention a great singer/song writer...

yesh I like his backround ya know, the guy has lived, and now he's enjoying himself more than ever! I'm really happy for the guy and as an aspiring soldier I respect his rank and achievements throughout his career, more power to him I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

DUBLINDUDE

Not really a huge fan of his stuff, have seen him live though, at EP two years ago and thought he was nice and easy listening while chilling out in a field on a warm summers day.

But I agree with what he has said above and dont see any reason to dislike him. If anything, as others have said, any time I have seen him interviewed he seems quite a likeable guy.

I can't see what your problem is - maybe the whole Blunt <unt thing was too easy a rhyme for you to resist.

Or maybe its just a dose of the green eyed monster as he has achieved quite alot in his life so far. I think a bit of introspection is nneeded here Dublindude

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

+1 for the props to James Blunt.

**** the begrudgers.

haha I like the direction this thread is taking! I'd like to thank myself and my mother for ensuring my safe arrival! viva la resistance! XD

Definitely no jealousy here! Why does everything have to come back to begrudgery?!

I think he's a spa because:

1. In his interview with a newspaper he's complaining about celebrity stories in newspapers.
    2. He said Britney Spears is a "phenomenal artist".
    3. He thinks pictures of celebrities with no underwear on distracts "from things that are really important, like global warming and war".
    4. He thinks tabloids have some kind of responsibilty to talk about global warming and war.
    5. He thinks it doesn't make sense that paparazzi's (translation: photographers who take candid photographs of celebrities) are taking candid photographs of celebrities.
    6. He says stupid things like: "we have the power to teach and educate. Let's spend our time on that."

That's just in one small paragraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

And your point is?

Tbh, I doubt Blunt will be too concerned that dublindude isn't a member of his fan club.

My point is he is a spa.

He's still an ex BA soldier who served a lot of time overseas and I believe was a captain(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so he's seen enough suffering in his life and if he wants to take the high road I believe he is well entitled to do so. If he's talking to a tabloid writer there was also probably a sense of irony saying that to his interviewers face which I'm sure he was well aware of.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but a soldiers job is to kill people. Soldiers are not entitled to take the high road.

He may have been taking the piss a bit, I am willing to compromise that far.

lol, a hitmans job is to kill people, a soldiers job is to do what his country asks, that just so happens to include killing people, among many other peaceful and civilized tasks. He bridges the gap imo, between all the **** wits falling into stardom from the likes of pop idol and all those shows, he's kind of like a breath of realistic representation. That people can face things like a long military career, but not come out of it a disheveled veteran but a worthy worldwide entertainer and performing artist. I think it's quite the success story and he deserves it. cant stop the haters though! :rolleyes:

Let's agree to disagree.

James Blunt is a ****!

Let's agree to disagree!

James Blunt is a pretty wicked guy!(although I'm not a huge fan of his music to be fair)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PatsyFlatley

Aside from anything else - James Blunt is responsible for some of the ****test music ever made. He makes me sick.

one post of vomit, welcome to my ignore list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

You're beautiful is probably my most hated song; I'd listen to anything before I'd listen to that.. My mom is pretty obsessed with him though, so he does manage to entertain a certain amount of people!

My cousin played the drums in his band last year while he was touring in Australia. He did all the big gigs and concerts with him. He said he was f*cking hilarious, and tbh, he is. Watch an interview with him - he's not afraid to take the piss out of himself, and he comes out with fairly witty stuff. It did make me change my opinion of him.. I just assumed anyone with a voice like that had to be a bit ridiculous, but now I'm willing to say I was wrong!

If it turns out he was taking the piss in the interview I posted in this thread, well then fair play to him and I retract my **** statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

well, there's a fairly large chance he was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 x_Ashy_x

aw i like his music...theres been some pretty bad reports about his lifestyle etc that are right up there with britney but as the end of the day his music comes from the heart and can be easily related to...i loves him lol

Advertisement