Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the Subscription Policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

seamus wrote: »
    I would imagine that an online gateway to an Irish bank would cost something in the region of €thousands/year to subscribe to, have a ridiculously long and painful testing/authorising process and would also cost a hell of a lot more per transaction than Paypal.

I've done research into this before for other reasons.

Merchant account -> Minimum of 30 quid a month in transactions
    (They also may look for a 6k-12k security deposit first)

Gateway -> Realex -> Can't remember their prices off the top of my head but maybe around 30-40 quid a month for 100 transactions

Development time for vBulletin to Realex gateway -> No idea.

The only reason you'd be wanting to do this is because you can get a lower transaction fee by using a merchant account, but you want to be processing a hell of a lot transactions to make up the difference. If an admin wants to drop me a PM to see what rates I was offered then shoot.

Advertisement