Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft Systems Degree

• 06-03-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I've already applied for this course and am just waiting to hear back from the CAO. It says on the course info that you can go on to do the Aeronautical Engineering degree in Limerick. What's the story with this, would you be able to go straight into 2nd or 3rd year or would you have to do the course from the beginning? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

From my experience you can go straight into 2nd year of a degree course after successfully completing a certificate.

good luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

my brother is currently studying aero eng in UL, after studying avionics in ITC. he jumped straight in 2nd year. not too scare you off, but there is a huge step up for carlow to UL. of 40 starters in carlow, 27 finished 22 graduated. 4 went to UL. he now the only one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Thanks for the replies thats cleared up a few things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Considering the degree in UL is optional, therefore not many people would have actually chosen it... that is a surprisingly low drop-out rate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

It seems to be a common occurence in the college, i.e. courses that lead to other colleges/degrees require a "big step up". The Phsysiotherapy course is a good example, I know a number of people who have gone through this course and had to go further because the course wasnt enough to get them where they wanted to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement