Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from China- tax, duties?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

Hi guys,

Also looking for some information on shipping a bike from China, I understand the duty and VAT costs but I have read online that a few people are getting charged anti-dumping tax, they don't give specifics about their case but I'm afraid to order as I cannot justify getting hit by another 40%+ tax on top of the rest.

Does anybody have any good info on understanding this anti-dumping tax or have any experience in shipping a single bike for personal use
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

wellboss wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Also looking for some information on shipping a bike from China, I understand the duty and VAT costs but I have read online that a few people are getting charged anti-dumping tax, they don't give specifics about their case but I'm afraid to order as I cannot justify getting hit by another 40%+ tax on top of the rest.

Does anybody have any good info on understanding this anti-dumping tax or have any experience in shipping a single bike for personal use
    Thanks in advance

It does not matter whether the bike is for personal use or a commercial transaction. The anti dumping duty of 48% applies across the board. There are only a few bycicle manufacturers exempt or are subject to a lower anti dumping duty, but you would need to do a lot of research to find them.

You might consider importing from countries that are not subject to anti dumping duties.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Hi - how much would duty be on PVC fencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Wegian wrote: »
    Hi - how much would duty be on PVC fencing?

Duty is likely to be 6.5%. Calculated over the invoice value plus freight cost.

You could make an inquiry with the Customs Classification unit in Nenagh.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs-traders-and-agents/importing-and-exporting/classification/index.aspx

Feel free to PM me if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Hi,

I have purchased 150,000 30ml medicine cups off Alibaba.

I have never used it before and just wondering what tax I am likely to have to pay and at what point/to whom I pay it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement