Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM - New studios

• 06-03-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any pics of same? They sound a bit "echoey" on speech progs like The Last Word etc def a prob with acoustics going on there.

Also their general audio seems to have disimproved (not that it was ever that great to begin with, certainly never as good as Century's sonic audio quality back in the late 80s!)

Heard Iano saying there's a big vacant area downstairs which should have been occupied by FM 104 but the DOB buyout put paid to that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They have had a few teething troubles, stuff not working on cue.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Indeed, EMAP had hopes to move Today FM and FM104 into the one building.

There was talk in the papers last week that Newstalk might move in... imagine George Hook and Matt Cooper in the same building! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

DMC wrote: »
    Indeed, EMAP had hopes to move Today FM and FM104 into the one building.

There was talk in the papers last week that Newstalk might move in... imagine George Hook and Matt Cooper in the same building! :D

I heard the possibility of Newstalk moving in was considered, but it won't be happening as the building isn't big enough to house its staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Big Tone wrote: »

Also their general audio seems to have disimproved (not that it was ever that great to begin with, certainly never as good as Century's sonic audio quality back in the late 80s!)

Their audio is a disgrace.

I have heard better audio while standing beside someone listening to an ipod and that high pitched screech from the headphones is how I would compare Today's audio.

It is so flat and tinny I don't know how someone in Today hasn't qusestioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Anybody know who built the studios or done the equipment install?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Were are these New studios...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

They've gone south.

Diggs Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

I wish they'd stop banging on about the new studios. Whats the big deal ? I don't think the average listener gives a toss where they're broadcasting from. And as for certain presenters explaining the technical hitches, thats just plainly unprofessional.

Marconi House, what a joke. I'm sure he's turning in his grave. His earliest transmission experiments must have sounded better than Today FM's audio !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

As with any studio move, it will bring technical hitches and I would imagine these will be sorted out soon. However, you do have to wonder why they were allowed begin transmission from the new building with it sounding so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Haven't listened to Today FM during the day that much really but had a listen to them for a good while tonight. Their audio isn't that bad, is it? It lacks a lot of bass alright and I'm sure their 8500 could do a lot louder but they're far from the worst - I don't think anything could be as bad as the aural rapage you're subjected to when you turn on FM104.

• Advertisement
Advertisement