Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Lawmower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hi

Need a cost effective lawnmower with mulching kit...spotted this for next week at Lidl

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080313.p.RearWheelDrivePetrolLawnmower

Anyone any opinions? Anyone bought one last year? Would welcome your comments. I've found Lidl or Aldi electrical and other stuff good value and good quality in the past.

Hi Builderwoman,

I don't know much about that machine, but I have heard that alot of lawnmower distributors will not service machines sold by the likes of Lidl, B&Q etc.

Maybe a used machine from somewhere like Ruffleys would be another option.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

That's a very good point prospect...never thought of that...thanks so much for your advice. Looking at the ad further the cut is only 46cm anyway which would take ages to do our garden. Will def check out Ruffleys.

Many many thanks,
    BW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

To be fair, if the engine is B+S and u get a spare plug and spare blades, all for 280 euro, unless u are very unlucky it should never need to go for a service, changing the oil should not be difficult for 'Builderwoman! '

280 euro wont get u very far in any service shop these days, i would regard it as disposable at that price

The issue may be getting spares if u need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

I'd second ircoha's post above: if it has a B&S engine it should be a problem having it serviced. It's cost you less than a tenner (oil and plug change) if you service the machine yourself, it couldn't be easier.

Ok Guys...nothing is too much for "Builderwoman!!".....but how the heck would I find out if it's a B&S (and yes I know it's Briggs and Stratten) engine...doesn't seem to say it online. Any hints or suggestions welcomed please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a budget Woodies number, cost 200 euro about 5 years back No problem getting it serviced.

Even cheaper now!

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Ok Guys...nothing is too much for "Builderwoman!!".....but how the heck would I find out if it's a B&S (and yes I know it's Briggs and Stratten) engine...doesn't seem to say it online. Any hints or suggestions welcomed please!

from teh very link you posted

Powerful: 4.0hp B&S engine

Thanks Mossy....I'm blind....never saw that til a few minutes before I checked the post. Sorry!

Advertisement