Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Collection

Options
  • 06-03-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

i wana know who who has a serious collection how many computers ,consoles etc how many games where do u store them all

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i hate myself i didnt keep everything from when i was young always used to give them to charity shops, so all i have is all the new consoles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

i was away before xmas in the ik and my friend brought me around to his mates house who had a basement a fairly big one full of games he had 12 plasma screens each one had a console hooked up and he had huge case shelves built with what i can only guess was 1000's of games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

bungler wrote: »
    i was away before xmas in the ik and my friend brought me around to his mates house who had a basement a fairly big one full of games he had 12 plasma screens each one had a console hooked up and he had huge case shelves built with what i can only guess was 1000's of games

So that's how much a life is worth

whats that mean bubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,972 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

*Waits for Ciderman to post*

He still doesn't have as many Megadrive games as me! Or 6 ps1s...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wish I had the means for the above, we converted our attic space a couple of years ago and I got a room up there, thanks wife!, now I have a modest 29" CRT and a self built network of AV cables hooking pretty much everything up to it, so no swapping scarts!
    My babies are mostly up there, although the Wii, PS3 and 360 are beside the main TV, a 37" HD LCD, i'm happy with that.

Now my collection contains the following, most regulars have read this before, but for the newbies, here it is....

Atari:
    Lynx
    Jaguar

Sega:
    Master System
    Megadrive
    Megadrive II
    32X
    Sega Multimega
    Gamegear
    Saturn
    Dreamcast

Nintendo:
    Nes
    Snes
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Gameboy Micro
    DS
    DS Lite
    Virtual Boy
    Pokemon Mini

Sony:
    PSone
    PS2
    PS3
    PSP

MicroSoft:
    Xbox
    Xbox 360

Others:
    Panasonic 3DO FZ-1
    NEC Turbografx
    Samsung Nuon
    MB Vectrex
    Neo Geo Pocket
    Neo Geo CD

Dragon 32
    Nokia Ngage
    Amiga 600
    Sinclair Spectrum 16k
    Sinclair Spectrum 48k

And that is that, at least so far, I have plenty of games for each, over 130 for the PS2 and over 100 for the PSone, everything I've ever wanted for the N64 and the only game worth having on the Nuon, Tempest 3000!

Still looking for an Amiga CD32 and a Colecovision, not to mention an Atari Pong/Super Pong machine.

Thats it as yet, I will, eventually post my games collection, but I reckon the hands you fall off with cramp, I have lots!

thank you for posting for me ( the newbie) thats a serious collection cider sounds like u have more than the brit lol

i wish i hadnt thrown out all my consoles when i got new ones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to say, a game/console collection is only as good as the time spent playing them.
    There isn't a bigger waste in this hooby than having some of the best games of all time and never going near them.
    I reckon my stuff gets more play than most collections, but eventually you have little hope of returning to some games for more than a brief 5 minutes in a given year, never mind ever actually finishing anything.
    It's a pity really, but then the point is, as I have mentioned before, that it's nice if someone, a mate if ever have one similarly obsessed, mentions a love for, say Goldeneye and I can produce the game, running on the original hardware, rekindling some of the magic and gaining some serious, if frankly nerdy, kudos in the process.

Most normal, logical people trade in the old to buy the new, thats the accepted way to go about gaming, the collecting of every console and game that catches your interest, with the best will in the world, thats weird!

Sorry for the "newbie", it wasn't directed at you bungler, I just pasted the list of machines from another recent post where it was in context.

And yes, I wish I had o1s1ns megadrive collection, I'd also like a more comprehensive Nes and Turbografx selection, but my Paypal account can only take so much!

What about some of the other obsessive compulsive game and console owners out there giving us there lists?

And the big, important question....

Do you keep cardboard Nintendo boxes?

I don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

BBC Micro
    Commodore 64
    Nes
    C64 console
    Dragon 32
    Sinclair Spectrum
    Gameboy
    Atari Lynx 2
    Sega GameGear
    Megadrive
    Snes
    Atari ST
    Amiga cd32
    Amiga 500
    Amiga 600
    Amiga 1200
    Amiga 4000
    Atari Jaguar
    Playstation
    Sega Saturn
    Sega Nomad
    Nintendo 64
    Xbox
    PS2
    PS3
    several pc's

Far too many games to mention but have a very very large collection, still manage to play commado on the BBC etc every so often, & yes I still have some boxes for some of the machines / games

got my BBC Micro @ aged 4 & I was part of CUGI (Commodore users group of Ireland back in the early 90's)...yea totally geek-o-rama... but I hide the geekness quite well these days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,972 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    that it's nice if someone, a mate if ever have one similarly obsessed, mentions a love for, say Goldeneye and I can produce the game, running on the original hardware, rekindling some of the magic and gaining some serious, if frankly nerdy, kudos in the process.

That's exactly it :) It may be nerdy, but you can't beat the look on someones face when you produce a game they love which they haven't played since they were 9 years old. I think I may have seen a few tears...
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »

And the big, important question....

Do you keep cardboard Nintendo boxes?

I don't!

:eek: what? serious? Most of mine are second hand, so there are no boxes. But the ones which do have boxes are stored away nicely. Actually, I had a lovely perfect condition NES console box in the attic. Really have to make sure that hasn't gone mouldy. Yes, I keep my console boxes. Don't ask...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

whats that mean bubs?

Well, realistically, if he has all the time and money to buy twelve Plasma screens and play these games he must have very little social life outside of World of Warcraft

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya well my e-peen is bigger then all of yours combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I have a PC and quite a few games stored in a bookcase woot

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've four Dreamcasts - two unopened - with almost every single PAL release and a crap load of imports.

Well I have just two machines, one for spares you know.
    Also, well done on having all the PAL releases, I have a certain weakness for Incoming and Pen Pen Tri Icelon, not to mention Powerstone, that was a god of a game.

Now I don't really have too many imports, aside from Luigis Mansion, a bunch of stuff on the 3DO, Virtual Boy and TurboGrafx, best not discuss the Wii games collection, very hush hush!

I never liked the cardboard boxes for the Ninty stuff, although I still have the packaging for Zelda on the Snes and N64.
    The Ninty boxes for the jap GameCube games were fantastic though, Biohazard, Mario Sunshine, Monkey Ball and Wave Race, all look better than their PAL counterparts.

I'll always regret selling my complete Super Metroid with guide book and box, I was younger and more foolish then....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

i wana know who who has a serious collection how many computers ,consoles etc how many games where do u store them all............................................................................................................................................... so I can come around and rob you.

:eek:

Come and get them pal, my army of lethal ninja chinchillas will drop you within 5 steps!!!!1

Mwaa HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement