Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big fire in city centre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

saw that too and reported their error. They have now updated their websire to reflect the proper location

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its good to hear that Downes escaped....

According to breaking news this happened as well to a place called Downes and U-Decor in Kilkenny city burned as well

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojkfsnsnid/

I always knew Waterford was part of Kilkenny ;)
    :D
    A DIY shop in Kilkenny city has been gutted by a massive overnight fire.

Around 50 firefighters from Waterford, Wexford and Kilkenny were dispatched to the scene on Thomas Street to bring the blaze under control.

The premises was completely destroyed by the blaze, which is believed to have started accidentally.

One of the Kilkenny's oldest pubs, Downes, was also damaged, but there are no reports of any injuries.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats gotta hurt a lot of Waterford people that they called it KK. Its kinda funny!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone know the circumstances behind the Coach catching fire outside of Dooleys hotel also last night. Heard one report that it was malicious, but not sure if this has been confirmed. The back section along with about 5 rows of seats at the back of the bus were totally gutted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nice video..where was the second one taken>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Just back up from it, will have photos up shortly.

YouDecor went up again there about an hour ago but was quickly put out. A bus on the quay went up aswell outside Dooleys hotel in a seperate incident.

Professional photos from Paddy, fair play!

Sully wrote: »
    Nice video..where was the second one taken>?

I would guess from one of the rooftop apartments up pars U Decor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4301-Edit.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Some jaw-dropping photographs there Paddy@CIRL. Very impressive indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Where is that bus ??? And was that damaged in the same fire

Rumour has it that the fire in U Decor was a D.I.Y Job :D:D:D

No mate, it was driven and parked there already burnt. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rumour has it that the fore in U Decor was a D.I.Y Job :D:D:D

The bus was parked outside Dooleys. Apparently some clown got carried away with all the pyro goings on and set fire to the bus.

Thats a terrible joke Neill. Tumbleweed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

benifa wrote: »

It wasnt anything to do with the fire on Thomas St actually. Seperate incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i've just heard that 2 houses in the glen are on fire now.. i'm not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

south wrote: »
    i've just heard that 2 houses in the glen are on fire now.. i'm not 100%

you missing an arm or something?
    ooh, the wit

KevIRL wrote: »

Apologies. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

My Mother rang me to tell me that the u-decor fire keeps reigniting and that there was a house on fire in the Glen

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Paddy@CIRL, lovely shots, they look well
    Shame work got in the way for me paying a visit this morning :(

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I would guess from one of the rooftop apartments up pars U Decor.

I could of sworn they were all evacuated.. Guess not!-+

benifa wrote: »

See below :P
    The bus was parked outside Dooleys. Apparently some clown got carried away with all the pyro goings on and set fire to the bus.

Wonder is there a connection with these fires and the one in the Glen? Busy night for the Fire Service then.
    Thats a terrible joke Neill. Tumbleweed...

I found it pretty funny.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Paddy@CIRL, lovely shots, they look well
    Shame work got in the way for me paying a visit this morning :(

Excellent shots Paddy, fair play to ya.
    trishw78 wrote: »
    My Mother rang me to tell me that the u-decor fire keeps reigniting and that there was a house on fire in the Glen

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Was U Decor closing down? I was told that they are making some staff redundant - before fire. obviously they'll have no job now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

those pic look like a perfume ad,

the top one

'Bollard' by CK 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

jaxy999 wrote: »
    Was U Decor closing down? I was told that they are making some staff redundant - before fire. obviously they'll have no job now.

Staff were goin on 3 day a week next week hmmmmmmmmm:confused:

Sully wrote: »
    I could of sworn they were all evacuated.. Guess not!-+

Only the ones behind in Penrose court were evacuated. The ones in James gate were not.

Staff were goin on 3 day a week next week hmmmmmmmmm:confused:

if this is true it all seems abit suspect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Cabaal wrote: »
    if this is true it all seems abit suspect

Yes I heard that the owner of u-decor is also the owner of another place that burned down. hmm makes you wonder!

Stokolan wrote: »
    Yes I heard that the owner of u-decor is also the owner of another place that burned down. hmm makes you wonder!

Can you back that statement up? Cause if you cant, ill have to remove it as its dodgy comments to be making. There is nothing to indicate the fire was malicious last I heard.

• Advertisement

I think he is referring to the fact that the owner of U Decor is also tied in with the ownership of Paul Flynns Pub which was also affected by a fire last year. But as Sully has already indicated, there is nothing at this stage to indicate that thefire at udecor was anything other than an accident.

Advertisement