Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscape gardeners

Options
  • 06-03-2008 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I want to get my patio and garden 'made over' and im looking for a good and creative designer in the kildare area, anyone any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

We're using a very good landscaper. He wouldn't be the type to do up 3d designs but is very good and reliable. I've talked to a good designer and it could cost you up to 3k+ to come up with a design alone. We decided to work with our landcaper on coming up with our own ideas and spent the 3k+ on planting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Underestimating the value of design in any garden project is not to be recommended, and dismissing the input of a competent designer as expense and not investment is all too common. Involving a professional designer might cost a little (<10% of overall project costs) but you'll get a better looking garden and probably save money in the longer run because you will have avoided the costs of rectifying unforeseen errors or poor judgement on specifications etc etc. There are of course very competent garden designers who are also very experienced landscapers, but it does not make sense to spend large sums on implementing a new structure and planting scheme etc which has not been professionally determined.

Similar to poorly designed houses, there are also countless legacies of poor garden planning, design etc to found in every corner of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭fireplace1982

all very good but can anyone recommend a designer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Yosserh

Hi,

Are you looking for a designer who would also landscape the garden. If so, I know of a guy who just did my garden (my brother in law) who is a qualified landscaper. We gave him full control and he designed the garden and it has worked out perfect! He replaced our decking with paving, created a cobble pathway through the garden, sunk a tramploine in the garden, leveled the garden which was very wet beforehand and is in the process of planting at the moment.
    Have to say he did his fathers garden as well and both are super jobs!
    If your still interested, I can provide his information or if you want to PM me I would be happy to provide his.

Advertisement