Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft In Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭MarkLmk

Killinator wrote: »
    Snipers getting himself an M14 aswell, hes fuming now:D:D:D
    Oops sorry, well it just goes to show we on the same lines of thought,
    Ya the team is jellin :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Anyway we all know his is just gonna be so much better than mine, hes the dogs when it comes to pimping the airsoft:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

What make M14 you getting mate. Are you going to use it as a Sniping weapon or what?
    I CANNOT wait to see that M15A4 of yours with the Launcher.Is it the kind that locks onto the barrel and delta ring, or are you getting RIS/RAS rails(or conversion) for your hangrip? Whered you get the launcher, any linkys I might be interested in??:)

What make M14 you getting mate. Are you going to use it as a Sniping weapon or what?
    I CANNOT wait to see that M15A4 of yours with the Launcher.Is it the kind that locks onto the barrel and delta ring, or are you getting RIS/RAS rails(or conversion) for your hangrip? Whered you get the launcher, any linkys I might be interested in??:)
    Its an CYMA M14 SOCOM in OD,n ya a bit of sniping with it defo n got this scope ordered 2day for it http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120250666581&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002
    The M203 mounting is a RIS/RAS rail mount onto the lower handguard at the mo until i see what thats like, and gettin it 4m A.T.S. in Dub, will have it next week sometime.

By the way MATT in A.T.S. is SO SO helpful there, Give him biz, highly reccommend his customer services,
    So wit that praise he better not let me down wit delivery next week :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

damn thats a nice piece of kit,
    the 2x zoom is a very nice touch for quick aim, and it'll look deadly wheter you put it on an m14 or an m4

damn thats a nice piece of kit,
    the 2x zoom is a very nice touch for quick aim, and it'll look deadly wheter you put it on an m14 or an m4
    Ya the 2xzoom is th biz, didnt want red-dot n didnt want a bigger zoom, Took some trawlin on the web to finally find that one, twas a choice of 3 and went 4 that one eventually,

And sorry Boss i did work through lunch to make up for the surfin time :D

MarkLmk wrote: »
    And sorry Boss i did work through lunch to make up for the surfin time :D

some things just need to take priority:D:D:D

some things just need to take priority:D:D:D
    Hell YA , lol,
    N well said on the WIRED Galway Club thing, Not that Martin would turn us away EVER lol

Im fairly sure its not ment to be exclusive, i just wanted to clear it up so we dont show up on the 11th and realise it was a club only day, which would suck:rolleyes:

No I agree with u and as far as i can remember there is no exclusivty like that only on weekday or saturday pre-booked corporate etc events
    But it did need to be said lol

as for the Silencer, Thanks again D

and glad our next outings in G-Tac combine
    Hope the M14 has arrived by then lol but all beware the M203 and 6 grenades hehehehehehehe lol

• Advertisement

Well thats all cleared up now with the galway club,
    it'll be me, you and sniper against Galway:D

Well thats all cleared up now with the galway club,
    it'll be me, you and sniper against Galway:D

Nothin new there , we r always takin everyone else on , n whoppin ass most o the time too (leaves myself open to more abuse wit that statment) lol
    Must get my 2 new guys to go that date also, ill be seein EvanTheBoxer this eve as he cradles my G36C and leads it to his car :(

P.S. Note to boss, work is SO interferin with boards.ie etc lol:eek:

do what everyone else does and say its research:D
    I cant believe your letting the g36 go,i.....i....im sorry im going to break down and cry!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah as far as the team name goes, it seems L.A.D seems to be winning,
    but i was trying to put a few together playing on that name
    so:

L.A.D.S - Limerick Airsoft Division-Spearhead
    spearhead is added because were the 1st limerick team(im open to correction) and also becasue it meas were the 'Lads'

L.A.P.D - Limerick Airsoft Players Division
    would be class except its a police division not army

A.W.O.L - Airsoft WithOut Limits
    referring to the fact that we dont require anything from anyone,ie: no specific camo,guns,positions

T.A.G - Tactical Airsoft Group
    Tag as in 'hit' in airsoft

L-T.A.G- Limerick Tactical Airsoft Group
    Just to make it our own

If you can think of any more it would be cool

U know me Ill prob get another G36C n keep it under the bed lol
    The Steyr is now gone as well ,the other lad just rang me n is also taking it this eve whopee :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    HMMMM i like the LADS n the LAPD as im an MP lol
    But the AWOL i think we said was someone else's ????????
    Thats buggered up the plates i made up hehe, I have 1 for u n Andrew in the boot of the car.

Well the AWOL one, i wasnt sure if it had been used or not,
    Plates??????
    The LADS one with spearhead was just a way of adding that 's' so we could be called the 'lads' and not just the 'lad'

Me and sniper are working on a patch design, being big into art its coming together fast, maybe by the end of the night we'll have some pics up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Great to see ye getting the team together lads. Are any of ye going to be going on Saturday the 3rd? [assuming their is a game on] Im missing the Gathering and missed last week aswell so ill be litteraly dying for a skirmish by then :o.

• Advertisement

dont know, may only be able to make the 11th,the 3rd would be a stretch

Great to see ye getting the team together lads. Are any of ye going to be going on Saturday the 3rd? [assuming their is a game on] Im missing the Gathering and missed last week aswell so ill be litteraly dying for a skirmish by then :o.
    Naw Mate , got Communions so grounded that weekend :mad::mad::mad:
    But therewill be 5 or 6 of us for the 11th :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well the AWOL one, i wasnt sure if it had been used or not,
    Plates??????
    The LADS one with spearhead was just a way of adding that 's' so we could be called the 'lads' and not just the 'lad'

Me and sniper are working on a patch design, being big into art its coming together fast, maybe by the end of the night we'll have some pics up
    Bloody KEWL LADS there is a place in Shannon that will make up the patches for us, We use them for name and Rank badges and they r grest quality:pac::pac::pac::pac:

any idea on prices, he only place i knew of was american, but an irish place would be super fantastico!!
    i'll try and put them together today, had a confirmation yesterday, and have the chelsea/utd match today

Heres a design ive come up with, its not a case of this is it and no other patch will do, its just an idea and any suggestions are welcome:

LADS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'd like to see a team patch that may reflect where people are from.
    Like some form of crest to indicate peeps are from Limerick.

Having Ghosts, Skulls and grim reapers etc may have been more appealing
    to me in my younger years but I've grown old boring and grumpy now
    and would prefer a more boring/serious logo if airsfoft was to take off
    as a sport where there would be regional and all Ireland championships etc

Or maybe have two patches. One for a squad and one to indicate region.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Why not draw from the city's past? Limerick is steeped with combat related culture from the middle ages onward. One need only look at the imposition of St. Johns castle on the skyline to see it's effect on the town and provide plenty of source material. If I remember correctly, there's a couple of Faclonettes outside the castle walls, a type of cannon I've always thought had an amazingly threatening name.
    Also, try to keep the logo as simple as possible, particulalrly if you want to get them made up. The simplest unit insignia are often the most striking. For example, the writing at the bottom of the image you posted depicts the word "Spearhead". I don't know if you wrote that in because of the writing on the US 3rd Armoured's crest or not, but the 3rd Armoured crest is a perfect example of what I mean by simple, but striking.
    3rd_Armored_Division.patch.jpg

Looking forward to seeing a team from my second home out there some day. Damn I miss living in Limerick.

well the grim reaper patch was only an example, im open to any ideas,
    i'd be more than happy to have some sort of historical reference on the patch

Any of ye Limerick guys hear anything about the two teenagers that
    were arrested in Limerick the other day?

http://newswire99.blogspot.com/2008/04/teens-released-after-pellet-gun.html

Media used the words "pellet" guns. Now we all know most of the media dont
    have a clue and usually mis-label airsoft products as pellet guns.

I was curious to know if it was actually Airsoft gun or were they indeed pellet guns!
    I reckon it was, as the Gardai would not release without charge if it was an illlegall firearm
    or even if it was legal firearm and they were in public with them.

If it was found that they were an airsoft product and it was the shop in Limerick that
    sold them to the teenagers it may force yer man running the place to be more careful
    who he sells em too.

~B

well the grim reaper patch was only an example, im open to any ideas,
    i'd be more than happy to have some sort of historical reference on the patch

Ok , maybe the 'Treaty Stone' crest r a 'Castle' r Horse n Rider for 'Sarsfields Ride' etc etc,

I was not trying to insult the grim reaper patch one so apologies if
    my previous post came across that way...more so had some idea in my head that
    it would be nice to have a patch identifiable to let peeps know
    a team would be a Limerick team..
    (Failing that we could all stitch the Munster Teams patch on our shirts)

This is the limerick shield but it not the best (Its a bit too boring)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Limerick.Shield.png

The school of arms where I used to practice historical fencing
    used to use something similar:
    http://www.skynet.ie/~nvl/lsa/

Only thing is I doubt anyone would have a clue that it was a Limerick symbol
    unless they googled it or was from Limerick.

The treaty stone idea sounds good.

~B

bullets wrote: »
    This is the limerick shield but it not the best (Its a bit too boring)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Limerick.Shield.png

The treaty stone idea sounds good.

~B
    Yes that Castle in Red is one of the ideas i was thinking but gotta loose the red as its toooooooo visible in forest,I know cos i saw red armbands approach me as i was dug-in in the forrest of G-Tac before
    N as for the treaty stone thats just as well known as the castle in red.
    And i didnt take offence to your last post AT ALL, dont worry bout that.

I think he was talking about me taking offence, but none taken, I dont run this team(yet:D)
    and after putting a prospective patch together for the the connacht militia, i think something historical could be very cool, especially if a sword s involved, i love swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cannonball

Hi guys,

Or should I say Lads? Anyway, I just wondering what the situation with the Limerick team is and if you're still recruiting? I live in Tipperary but work in Limerick and I am just getting into airsoft.

still recruiting, weve only just started my friend,
    heres the dealio so far,
    as things stand
    were the 'Limerick Airsoft Defence(thanks tony) Spearhead' or Lads for short:D
    no particular kit is required as regards guns or camo/gear(just dont wear acu)
    we currently dont have a training facility s were in the process of finding one in a reasonable location for everyone,
    we play at G-TAC, just outside portumna, on the border of tipp and galway(rentals are available if you dont have a gun,aswell as masks and bbs),
    were hoping to be going on the 11th of may next,

and oh yeah,
    we'd be happy to have another member, despite being from the wrong side of the tracks:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Lol Killinator dont be tryin to put him off be4 we even get him:D:D

And Cannonball ur more than welcome to come along with us,What if any gear do you have now????
    And There is normally a spare seat in some car if u need transport:D
    So dont be shy we need all we can get to take on the TDK boys:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Cheers. I'll definitely be on for a trip to Portumna but i'm not sure if I can make the 11th. I have a car also.

So far I own a total of 1 m16 assualt rifle (classic army m15A1).
    And that's it. I'm trying to buy some Vietnam era gear on ebay and I'm thinking of getting some tiger stripes.

What is ACU out of interest?

Its the current Iraq era Army Combat Uniform designed for urban warfare. Its bright grey in coulour using varying shades of grey for its digital camoflage pattern. Lets just say there arent many situations where it is either necessary or safe,lol.

Ahhh, Classic Army. Myself and MarkLmk have CA M15A4s and are both very happy with them, should serve you well.
    Glad to see another potential recruit.:)

cannonball wrote: »
    Cheers. I'll definitely be on for a trip to Portumna but i'm not sure if I can make the 11th. I have a car also.

So far I own a total of 1 m16 assualt rifle (classic army m15A1).
    And that's it. I'm trying to buy some Vietnam era gear on ebay and I'm thinking of getting some tiger stripes.

What is ACU out of interest?
    Kewl ive a CA M15A4 Tactical and as of today an M14 SOCOM that im gonna pimp up as a tactical/sniper weapon, I also have GBB USP Compact
    and Digi camo BDU's with helmet, tach vest etc.
    As for ACU dont know what that means :p:p:p:p
    First time i went i followed Killinator n his bro's thats how i found it n wouldnt av without em :D:D
    Now i can only make it normally every 2nd Sunday n wishin I could do more, its such an addictive sport , for me anyway lol
    Again WELCOME to Airsoft and the L.A.D.S. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

A rmy C ombat U niform
    Damnit Tony, dont you pay attention!

I'm sorry that last outburst was just my jealousy at you having M14 goodness....... I hate you.

Any word on that grenade, and grenade launcher??

Cheers guys. I have a lot of gear to get still. It'll take me a while. I'd also like to have a go at a team patch if you don't mind?

Are there any army surplus stores in Limerick? Can't say I've seen one.

theres a surplus store directly across the road from the theory test centre, near the gym, dunnes(across from the marriot) and tubes in the city, lemme just see if i can get a street name, one minute...............

i think its lower cecil street,
    heres the google earth co-ordinates roughly:
    52 degrees 39' 45.44" N
    8 degrees 37' 50.78" W

that put you right infront of the store, nice staff there, will help you with whatever, army combat shirts(good quality) for as little as 12.50(ive gone through 6 skirmishes through brires and thorns and not a tear in sight)
    they have a few helmets aswell, and all sorts of gear(webbing, belts,etc)

and sure, have a go at a patch

Fantastic. I'll be checking that place out real soon.
    Thanks Killinator.

cannonball wrote: »
    Cheers guys. I have a lot of gear to get still. It'll take me a while. I'd also like to have a go at a team patch if you don't mind?

Are there any army surplus stores in Limerick? Can't say I've seen one.

lOL HEY sNIPE, I SOMETIMES DO SOME WORK HERE SO I HAD IT HALF WRITTEN DID SOME WORK N FINISHED IT, BUT U HAD ALREADY POSTED BY THEN HEHE,
    oops caps lock :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

And there is an Army/Navy shop opposite the old ESB shop on the quays in Limerick, cant remember the bloody street name sorry,He dose have some gear that would suit u and not too dear either.Next block down from Clohessys bar.

• Advertisement

Hell u done it again Andrew lol:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Tony i know this aint on topic, but i have to agree with you on the armalites, just got myself a JG m4 carbine, its sweet, not to mention the glock 32 which may be even nicer,

I shall be seeing you on the 11th i hope, we may have the LADS V THE CONAUGHT MILITIA fight to the death

Its idependence day in the philipines on the 12th i believe, if i understood one of the guys from TDK, so i think they said they hope to be down on the 11th as a sort of celebration,

It'll be a triple threat!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

still recruiting, weve only just started my friend,
    heres the dealio so far,
    as things stand
    were the 'Limerick Airsoft Defence(thanks tony) Spearhead' or Lads for short:D
    no particular kit is required as regards guns or camo/gear(just dont wear acu)

Considering you two nutters are respnsible for me getting into this stuff I'm seconding myself to your team. *sniggers* the team motto can be "Let Your LADS hang Out" :D

(falls over laughing)

Ha, now thats an intersting moot you got there Dave.
    By chance, have you checked out "The Gathering" thread , some good photos in there on the last 2 pages. Were in some,YAY!!!

And now you cannot join our team, I have a hard enough time putting up with you normally.

No, I kid, I kid.... Of course we'd be more than happy to have you as a member, and would have you back me up anytime.:)

Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli
    "An ancient city well versed in the arts of war"

now thats a cool motto, and its actually talking about limerick city too!
    Im getting a weird feeling inside, either its pride or......a cold!!!!

• Advertisement

Lol maybe the THOUGHTS r just makin u Ho*ny

But that is a KEWL Motto, but prob wasted on a lot of peops hehe. me included lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Was it that dodgy curry you got in Palas? :p I told you it didin't look like chicken to me.....

And that could be talking about any of Munster's proud cities *cough CORK* ahem, sorry, patriotism stuck in my throat there :o

How about the Thermoplyae thing?

When the Persians demanded that King Leonidas of Sparta lay down his arms to them he sent a two word reply-
    "Molon labe"
    Which to us means......."Come and get them!"
    except we'll add Bitch!! to the end of ours!:cool:

Damn you Dave you cultured swine, why must you keep coming up with ideas and suggestions that may fit in perfectly!!!!!!!!!!
    why b*tch when you can put in 'Molon Labe Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttcccchhhhhhhhh''', now thats gangsta!

Hey Andrew,Derek & KnifeFighter, what do ye think of this baby http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=JG-AEG-6613_srch_Jing Gong M4 :D:D:D:D:D:D

whats the matter tony, one m4 not enough, jeez leave some guns for the rest of us!!!!!!!!
    its a nice looking gun all the same, just stayy away from SR25's and i'll be more than happy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement