Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BSOD Error

• 06-03-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

Hope you can help me with this serious problem. I'm running Windows Vista 32bit on my laptop and I keep getting the same BSOD. It's a pain having a machine that's being so unreliable, I've lost quite a bit of work. I posted a photograph of the error FYI. If you need any additional info I can provide it for you.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It refers to a network driver tcpip.sys so first and easiest thing to try is updating all the network device drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aj8973

Spear wrote: »
    It refers to a network driver tcpip.sys so first and easiest thing to try is updating all the network device drivers.

I updated the network drivers a little while ago, I checked and they are the most recent versions. It's gonna be a network problem though, as you noticed the tcpip-sys, but I also lose my Internet connection regulary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

Maybe try flashing your bios to the latest version, have you tried searching forums for your laptop model getting this error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 +Jim+

Hi,

In this situation, I would recommend that you uninstall tcp/ip (from 'properties' of local area connection)
    Follow that with a reboot.
    Insert your O/S cd, and reinstall tcp/ip using:
    'Control Panel'/'Add or remove programs'/'Add or remove Windows Components'

Flashing a pc's bios can be tricky for an inexperienced user, and can cause real and not insignificant probelms if not performed correctly.

Advertisement