Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The law and opening your bonnet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

stevec wrote: »
    What has a Taxi inspector got to do with this?

PSV officer is guard who is a qualified mechanic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

pa990 wrote: »
    PSV officer is guard who is a qualified mechanic
    Garda Public Service Vehicle Officer handles complaints to do with taxis, coaches and buses, not roadside inspections. They also inspect taxis coaches etc for compliance with PSV regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Garda Public Service Vehicle Officer handles complaints to do with taxis, coaches and buses, not roadside inspections. They also inspect taxis coaches etc for compliance with PSV regulations.

Well to be honest you do not need to have much knowledge to know, that a 1.3 on the log book is not what it is.

When the engine says turbo on it.

It could not be a worse car to pull that stunt on.

Maybe a 1.6 civic type R as a 1.6 it some what relates to the car

Very little pitty for these people !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

msg11 wrote: »
    Well to be honest you do not need to have much knowledge to know, that a 1.3 on the log book is not what it is.
    Agree, but you need to have some qualification to stand up in court and make it stick.

msg11 wrote: »
    When the engine says turbo on it.

You have a mivec that says 'turbo''?? shame:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

they also inspect cars involved in fatal accidents and compile a report for the investigating garda.

If a garda impounds a car he believes may be unroadworthy, it is then inspected by a qualified garda mechanic (PSV officer)

I never said that he (psv) would perform the inspection at the roadside.. and the PSV officer is the person with the qualification to "stand up in court and make it stick."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Agree, but you need to have some qualification to stand up in court and make it stick.

not really, the engine code could be match with the manufactures codes to prove what type car it is. No expert witnesses or garda having to prove what the car is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Your insurance may not be valid if you have a non declared engine modification. i know of one case where the insurance company would not pay out based on an engine modification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

You have a mivec that says 'turbo''?? shame:mad:

Yeah mate, I have a 1.3 mivec turbo...

I was talking about the glanza comments. Which have turbo wrote on the air intake filter on the top of the engine.

And just in case your trying to be funny, Mitsubishi, put into production a 1.8 mivec turbo 4 wheel drive colt.
    Traumadoc wrote: »
    Your insurance may not be valid if you have a non declared engine modification. i know of one case where the insurance company would not pay out based on an engine modification.

I know that, would be the reason I have my car properly insured...

Advertisement