Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pulse rate

• 06-03-2008 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im not much the marathon runner but i figured ye guys would have the information im looking for.

I do alot of exercise etc and i recently started taking my resting heart rate.

Im talking it in the morning when i wake up but its not very constant at any time of the day. While im checking it it can speed up and slow down very easy and seems to be reacting to my breathing ie when i breath in it speeds up a fair bit and slows down dramatically as im breathing out.

Is this a problem or is this normal to happen?

Thanks

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Any activity at all will increase your heart rate, even breathing. When taking your resting heart rate, lie down and be as still as possible. Breathe evenly and slowly. Take an average over 5 mornings. You should also take it after emptying the bladder.

You can use it as a health guide: 5-7 beats above the normal RHR means you should avoid training that day.

Read more here.

Note that your RHR will decrease with regular cardiovascular training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Thanks for the reply
    . And also the link, found it very helpful.

Advertisement