Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York J1 accommodation.

• 06-03-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Just wondering could anyone point me in the right direction for finding some accommodation in New York for the beginning of June. I've tired all the usual websites but am having no luckicon9.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

dave where in NY you hoping to be based and how many of ye are you lookin for accomdation for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dave03

Well i was hoping for somewhere in Queens. Three will be 4people altogether so something with 3 bedrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Aife

An idea would be to check out NYU summer student accomodation, its cheap enough and they offer further discount if you take a class during your stay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Dave03 wrote: »
    Well i was hoping for somewhere in Queens. Three will be 4people altogether so something with 3 bedrooms.

3 Beds are very hard to come by. When I went, we were looking for a 3 bed because 8 of us were heading over.

Seriously, if only 4 of you are heading then go for a 2 bedder, there are far more of them lying about.

We paid $2500 pm for a 3 bed in Woodside which is grand between 8, but split between 4, that's not really affordable J1-wise.

Also, you're looking a little early, it won't be ill the start of May that the summer/June rentals begin to pop up.

Try and get into Woodside, Sunnyside or Astoria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Going NY as well in the summer. Does anyone know how hard it is to get doorman jobs, i've read on boards that all you have to do is past a drug test but is it hard to get an interview? Do you need references?

Also is it very hard to get housing in Woodside cause that's probably where i'll end up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement