Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watchmen Movie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

this and the new terminator film trailers are meant to be playing before dark knight [woohoo 2 hours till I go see it!] and both trailers are far to early in the production to really say much about them. Watchman is further along then terminator but hasn't got far into post production fx and you can see that, everything is far to smooth and clean, needs alot of texture mapping and proper sound and film editing. The pan through all the gears with the yellow text is really badly done and was most likely a rush job to get it ready for dark knight [have DC any other films coming out before watchman? I can't think of any off the top of my head] Cringe at the pumpkins song I have to say - bit much.

It will be funny to see all the non comic people heading to dark knight getting confused when the nite-owl pops up in the trailer - I'm sure you'll hear a few "hey look Batman is in it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Just saw it at the start of the dark knight and it looks alot better on the big screen, well everything except the backwards pan through the cogs, that looks alot worse, def rush job with that, theres virtually no texture mapping or anything done and the music is more annoying. Massive pop from the crowd, thou I was surprised how few people coped at the start, it took till the silk spectre appeared for the claps to really get going. And the three bimbos in front of me [why where they there?] said "is that batman?" when nite-owl first appeared [followed by me laughing my ass off]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i'll never get people clapping during adds or after a film for that matter. its just not done in ireland. best you can hope for is a hushed "fcuking hell !" . too concientious i guess. people tend to rave outside afterwards. :)

im really looking forward to this. should be fun. be interesting to see if they keep the little quirky things like the electric cars . and i quite liked the music in the trailer, the more you see it the better it seems to suit the more somber air of the film

Advertisement