Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music or home ec?

Options
  • 07-03-2008 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Right...well I'm doing home ec, and doing fairly well in it. I have a huge interest in music (although I've never done it in school before). I don't know which to pick for my Leaving.
    What are the courses like? What's generally better to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If you already play an instrument, that's half the music exam sorted for you, the rest is just a bit of learning and theory. I don't do home ec but from people I've spoken to, it involves a lot of learning off, and is deceptively complicated. Course, I'm biased towards music because I do it. : p

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Music definitely! It's really enjoyable and once you know how to play an instrument you should be fine. Some of the set works can be a little tedious at times but overall it's really good. Plus you are pretty much guarenteed to pass if you do anyway decent in your practical. So realistically its well within most peoples grasp to get a good B in the subject!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wish I did music considering it will be my career...I gave up Home Ec after 3rd year. 'Tis a hideous subject.

Do Music!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

id say Home Ec if you havent done any theory before

music would definitly be the more satisfying option though (in my books)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

if you're a 'music person' then def do music, the theory part arent that bad..

home ec involves ALOT of learning,
    i had to it this yr and i ve never done it before,
    sure it's grand if you are willing to sit down and learn your stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

I do home ec and I love it but I am able to memorise huge amounts of info and the nutrition section is particularly interesting to me. However, if you can play an instrument already I'd say music you be the better option!!

Advertisement