Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psv

Options
  • 07-03-2008 12:31am

Surprised there's no thread here already but we were totally outclassed tonight. It's a long road back now. Looks like the season's over now that we've won the carling cup in the player's minds at least. Wonder what price PSV were before the game.....be lucky not to get hammered over there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thesaint

Well done PSV from Irelands only Irish PSV fan!!!!!!!!! PSV were 25/1 to win UEFA cup b4 game would say it wont be such good odds in the morning.

Boeren Boeren

!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Surprised there's no thread here already but we were totally outclassed tonight. It's a long road back now. Looks like the season's over now that we've won the carling cup in the player's minds at least. Wonder what price PSV were before the game.....be lucky not to get hammered over there.

VanZan

just back in my London gaffe haviing been to the game. Yes, the better team won tonight. But who would not bet on us scoring away from home? This is not over at all. Ramos will be furious that Spurs did not get out of third gear. PSV judged it right and deservedly won but they rode their luck on occasion. Almost all players underperformed tonight.

My prediction is that we will get an early goal over there and game on then

All the best
    Jolly

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Watching the game in the pub last night, I was thinking to myself were going out of this competition.

On reflection this morning, I am more positive. Although PSV are definitely a good side, I am confident we'll raise our game for the return leg.

We made lots of chances and were unlucky not to score at least a couple. At this stage of the Uefa Cup, against a quality team, you don't normally see a hatful of goals. On another day we could (should) have won 3-1. Their GK played a blinder.

Ramos will get the tactics right for the return leg. He's been down this road before and will have no fear.

I predict we'll win the return 2-1 (2-2 agg) and progress on the away goal rule.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Watching the game in the pub last night, I was thinking to myself were going out of this competition.

On reflection this morning, I am more positive. Although PSV are definitely a good side, I am confident we'll raise our game for the return leg.

We made lots of chances and were unlucky not to score at least a couple. At this stage of the Uefa Cup, against a quality team, you don't normally see a hatful of goals. On another day we could (should) have won 3-1. Their GK played a blinder.

Ramos will get the tactics right for the return leg. He's been down this road before and will have no fear.

I predict we'll win the return 2-1 (2-2 agg) and progress on the away goal rule.

COYS

My view too - my biggest worry last night was they would get a 2nd - created lots of chances but poor finishing cost us. Counted 3 Malbranque chances before HT. It's only half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

I was pissed off with how slow we seemed to play last night, and we were constantly passing the ball back the way - King to Woodgate over to Malbranque to Zokora, and then back to Woodgate. You could see Berba and Keano getting pissed off they werent getting the service. Would have expected more from Lennon and Malbranque in particular

We rode our luck at times especially after Ledley went off and we went to three at the back.. They had a goal ruled out for offside too.

I'm still upbeat that we can get something out of the tie, as even if it finished 1-1 last night, we still would have needed to score over there, so there's not much change to the gameplan next week, but we have to approach the game with positively and play with tempo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doogs

They say Ramos only needs one game against a team before he has them sussed. Hopefully this comes true next Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The quality of crosses from our wingers was very poor, malbranque and lennon will have to do a lot better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

psv had their tactics spot on berbatov and keane got very little room lennon was crowded out every time he was on the ball and forced into the centre.
    Robinson overused the long ball .idont understand why he dosent play short balls more often.
    Psv just played typical dutch football when they had the ball they passed it on the deck and found a psv man.
    away from home they will be difficult to beat but its not beyond us by a long shot.
    Ramos will get it right.
    coys

Advertisement