Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Steve vai live with the holland metropole orkest dvd

• 07-03-2008 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

is anyone else struggling to come to terms with this, i mean i appriciate the sheer musical brilliance of it all but to me it doesnt quite work, or maybe i have to go back and watch it again....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Damn, must pick up that DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

is anyone else struggling to come to terms with this, i mean i appriciate the sheer musical brilliance of it all but to me it doesnt quite work, or maybe i have to go back and watch it again....

so what's not workin with it ???
    is it just too over the top ? or does the music itself not work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Just watch Lotus Feet, and all will be understood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

NIBBS wrote: »
    so what's not workin with it ???
    is it just too over the top ? or does the music itself not work ?
    Im not sure,i suppose it was too much in one go,sensory overload and all that, i must go back and watch again, dont get me wrong, i love vai's stuff,and he is always pushing the boundries of the guitar which you have to admire him for, it would be easy for him to shred all day long im sure.And i agree with sofa,Lotus feet is a fantastic piece of composition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ziltoid

Nah. I'm very dissappointed with this release too. It felt so rushed and forced. His playing is also far from his best. He took a bunch of scores he wrote in his teens. He can do so much better than this. He needs to cop himself on as he's really dropped the ball with his last album. Mattias Ia Eklundh could now do a better Vai album than Vai could! The recent gig with the violinists was amazing though. That DVD'll be something special.

• Advertisement
Advertisement