Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Font Colours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hate them. Dunno about disabling them, seen some mods warning users about using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

We had a few coloured posts in Construction & Planning a while back and a few people couldn't read them due to colourblindness. It is now in the charter that they aren't allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Black fonts on cloud skin piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah, changing font colour makes baby Jesus cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Should be a filter blocking entire posts being colour changed, IMO. A little colour for emphasis is one thing, but that junk is just silly and at worst annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We should ban this on every forum except Ladies Lounge, where they are only allowed to post in pinkfont.
    And we should also ban the rolleyes smiley. Its a surefire thread killer. It always pisses me off. Whenever its used I just cant help thinking "what a Wanker"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

We should ban this on every forum except Ladies Lounge, where they are only allowed to post in pinkfont.
    And we should also ban the rolleyes smiley. Its a surefire thread killer. It always pisses me off. Whenever its used I just cant help thinking "what a Wanker"
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(well, you knew it was going to happen!)

Nah, I agree with Aidan, but to what extent can they be disabled selectively ... is it all or nothing? (I'm the ultimate non-TechHead )

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I knew it was gonna happen. But I still hate that smiley. The "I'm gonna condescend to others" smiley. Fair enough people can be dicks on boards as much as they want, but lets not give them a specific toolbox to aid them in their dickishness. Although, without the rolleyes, AH would be like a kindergarten!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think it's actually partly the one we have on boards.ie, tbh. It really DOES look as snide as hell! I've seen other "rolls eyes to heaven" smilies on other sites which are a lot less supercilious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Should be a filter blocking entire posts being colour changed, IMO. A little colour for emphasis is one thing, but that junk is just silly and at worst annoying.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

+1 actually. Some people think it's a good alternative to actual debate, I say boobytrap it, if someone posts a reply with 7 words or less with this smiley it should be replaced with "Wahwahwah, I'm a cockarse."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Same here. I don't think they should be disable but it does annoy me when people post all in one colour. If it's in a forum I mod, I'll edit the post.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The yellow one in particular is malignant eye-cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I really dont see the problem here....

is it a php thing or can you add support for a black background fill as well?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thing is that we dont want to block the ability to use colour alone, nor size alone We CANT block the combination of them.

Personally I just "ignore" people who write that way.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Ugh. I don't hate the use of colour in posts... But people who use those neon colours that you just can't fucking read should be banned, and have rusty objects stuck in delicate places! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

poor annie19..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Spoilers are harmless, and i believe they should be allowed change colors/fill colors for that.

Otherwise, I think Multicolored text is ridiculously pointless and distracting. N00B's love it, and I did it once on another forum as a n00b, until I realised how stupid it looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Allison91 wrote: »
    poor annie19..

WTF do you mean by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Xavi6 wrote: »
    WTF do you mean by that?

nothing I was just joking cos you had her a few times in your examples..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

limit the colours maybe? red is the only one i've ever seen used in a useful manner.

as a side note, anyone think Annie's posts are hilarious? i mean she always goes on about how busy she is yet she takes the time to fiddle with drop downs and change the colour...

Advertisement