Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruth Scott

• 07-03-2008 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

what is peoples views of ruth scott,good,bad,annoying??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

She confuses me. She has a hot voice but isnt hot. Guess thats why she is on the radio. I have no major problems with her. Unless her is you OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RADIODUDE

lol no this isn her,i dont really like the show she does during the week called the frequncey but i do like the show she does on saturdays between 12 and 3

She used to be on 95fm in Limerick. The only good thing to ever come out of limerick radio. Not that I listened to it, just that if it was on, and I couldnt change it, I wouldnt feel like shooting myself in the head with a massive gun, which is the usual 95fm result.

yea she also worked on 98fm up here in dublin and the morning breakfast show she done on 2fm with rick o shea was awful.i think they should jus keep her on her saturday show n get jenny greene to replace her as a weekday presenter of the 7-9.30 shift of the frequancy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

her immage is , way hay , im 10 tonne of nice clean culchie fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

She confuses me. She has a hot voice but isnt hot. Guess thats why she is on the radio. I have no major problems with her. Unless her is you OP!
    moe_sizlak wrote: »
    her immage is , way hay , im 10 tonne of nice clean culchie fun
    That's pretty much her. She's one of the better voices on radio. She doesn't make me want to turn off after 5 minutes.

i think jenny greene is alot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

RADIODUDE wrote: »
    i think jenny greene is alot better

Are you Jenny Greene trying to start a catfight online ;)

Use the search function and theres a truckload of threads on this very subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Hate Ruth Scott. Find her voice extremely annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I hate her too. When her and Rick O'Shea took over Ryan Tubridy's show it drove me up the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭My name is Todd

Hate her. She's not funny. For her old entertainment sections she would just read the entertainment pages of The Star.

Talentless.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

jdivision wrote: »
    Hate Ruth Scott. Find her voice extremely annoying.
    Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Hrududu wrote: »
    I hate her too. When her and Rick O'Shea took over Ryan Tubridy's show it drove me up the wall.

i can assure u that rick o shea is more annoying to me than rod hull and emu were to micheal parkinson

i loathe the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

^ Couldn't disagree with you more. Rick O' Shea is by far the best DJ 2FM have at the mo. Makes the evenings fly at work

OT, I do find Ruth Scott annoying. I dont think its her voice though, just the whole larger-than-life culchie thing she has going on

Now Tubridy, I do have a problem with. I would like to hold him down with some sort of leathern metallic strap and pull his smarmy teeth out one by one, then re-attaching them to his rear, then doing the same with his tongue, so the literal can finally match the metaphorical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Again... can we tone things down on the personal insults relating to people working in radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I think shes a good presenter. Wont make it on Television tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

She has a hot voice
    i had a major thing for her when i was in secondary school and she did the late night show. i used to imagine her as this :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Elisabeth_Rohm.jpg

imagine my disappointment

nerin wrote: »

imagine my disappointment

:D

... still.. shes a good presenter. :)

I know! Me too! But I cant hold it against her just cos she's ugly. Its not her fault, she is doing her best with it. And have you noticed the cathedral bells in Dublin never ring late since she arrived?
    Another poor hunchback gets shilled when looking for a "Penthouse apartment." Those houseprices are getting ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

She talks a lot of shyte, like more than the average DJ but there seems to be no point to most of it, just randomness... Extremely annoying and the second i hear her voice the station gets flicked.

Ive yet to see a thread on Boards that has any good to say about a radio station or presenter :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Really don't like Ruth Scott, never have, she never had any opinions of her own and any news or information she had seemed to come from a tabloid newspaper that someone left lying around the office.

What's the deal with her hair by the way? For a woman who must be on pretty decent money given that she's never out of a job (Oh dear god why?!) plus the fact that she's on TV on the Afternoon Show, you'd think she'd clean herself up a bit. She's a bit too old to be trying to pull of the "I'm a cool rock chick" image, particularly when she's on talking about the friggin' soaps!

snyper wrote: »
    Ive yet to see a thread on Boards that has any good to say about a radio station or presenter :confused:
    :eek::eek:
    But... but... that's what boards is for! If you want to hear someone say something nice about someone, in the modern world, you would want to be sure that they are standing right next to the person they are talking about, otherwise there will just be bitchin'.

Thats what I love about anonymously slandering others on the interweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Why is that every thread relating to a female radio presenter falls into a hole of petty insults on how they look? I don't see why people can't stick to comments on their radio talents (or lack off, depending on your opinion) and not physical appearance, which in my opinion is completely irrelevant!

And for some reason any comments on male presenters never go the same route!

She goes on TV also, that's the only reason I commented on her appearance, one would assume that it's due to her radio "success" that she was even given the chance to be on television.

I believe Gerry Ryan and Ryan Tubridy threads have often been riddled with comments on their appearance. A lot of male presenters are more anonymous than the likes of Ruth Scott so unless someone seeks out pictures of them it's more difficult to comment on their appearance. This isn't generally the case with RTE presenters as they're carted out for all sorts of "occasions" so are more difficult to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ahhhh, then you missed the In Praise of.... Good Radio thread.

It ran to its natural conclusion after 25 posts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Amz wrote: »
    She goes on TV also, that's the only reason I commented on her appearance

Spot on! That Stephen Hawking is some minger as well. Next time someone on telly needs an opinion on "A brief history of time", I hope they ask Brad Pitt to give it. He's lush.

In fairness, I have little time for Ms Scott's programmes, but unless she has chosen to partake in a 'what not to wear' type televisual piece of crap in some sort of critical capacity, her appearance is still irrelevant to her ability, no?

Ah, so you assume I find Brad Pitt appealing? That's a bit of a leap. Not all women find him attractive, I certainly don't.

There are more attractive people out there who are just as qualified, if not more qualified to talk about Soap news. I don't pay my license fee so that RTE can hurt my eyes on a regular basis with the likes of Ruth Scott and that ugly Nordy bloke who presents The View.

Edited to add:

If I wanted to listen to ugly culchie women give their opinions on current events I'd talk to my neighbours or I'd go sit in the local pub. I watch TV to see attractive people and/or be entertained, Ruth Scott does neither for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Amz wrote: »
    Ah, so you assume I find Brad Pitt appealing? That's a bit of a leap. Not all women find him attractive, I certainly don't.

Actually, no, as I didn't even know you were female. It was a generic, universally acceptable punchline to a facetious comment. I tend not to research throwaway gags a whole lot. Don't read too much into it.

As for the rest of your post; different strokes I suppose. If I'm sufficiently informed or entertained by what's on television, I don't really analyse whether the presenters faces are pleasingly symmetrical or not.

Are there underwhelming boatraces on my telly? Yes there are.

Does it mean they are crap at their jobs? Not necessarily, I would have thought, but apparently it's open to debate.

Stay pretty, San Diego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

**post deleted**

her weekend show is very good i think jenny greene should replace her on the weeknights and 2fm just give scoot the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

Fred83 wrote: »
    <snip>

i love TONY FENTON ON MY RADIO

hes like duffman from the simpsons

what they call a dj,s dj

totally shallow , one dimensional and we love em for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

She's not interetsing /original / talented enough to hold down a prime time slot on national radio. I have not heard her weekend show but I usually flick channels when I hear her, then again I doubt I would be in her target audience.

Nobody needs an interesting and intelligent DJ. I prefer mine dumb, loud mouthed and ballsy. I think Ruth is a bit of a fluff merchant, but she's OK in my book. Or on my radio.
    She doesnt write books. Just to clarify that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

Nobody needs an interesting and intelligent DJ. I prefer mine dumb, loud mouthed and ballsy. I think Ruth is a bit of a fluff merchant, but she's OK in my book. Or on my radio.
    She doesnt write books. Just to clarify that.

i like all those things in a dj myself which is why i like tony fenton so much

the problem is though ruth scott is not loud mouthed ( not in a good way ) and shes certainly not ballsy

she is full of fluff though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

I heard RS a few times this week - jasus is she annoying or what.

Gibbering on about pointless things that she gets up to!

Is that the best the national airwaves can provide?!

Anyone know what salary she is on?

Please tell me its less than 60k and RTE realise she is just there to fill gaps

She is brutttttttttal !!

I don't care if she spent an evening with her mates cleaning out her wardrobe or is still sleeping in a camper van at 4pm on the Saturday afternoon of Oxygen

Get her off the air - she is intolerable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I heard RS a few times this week - jasus is she annoying or what.

Gibbering on about point things that she gets up to!

Is that the best the national airwaves can endure?!

Anyone know what salary she is on?

Please tell me its less than 60k and RTE realise she is just there to fill gaps

She is brutttttttttal !!

I don't care if she spent an evening with her mates cleaning out her wardrobe or is still sleeping in a camper van at 4pm on the Saturday afternoon of Oxygen

Get her off the air - she is intolerable!!

Couldn't agree with you more.

Her voice is dreadful and the stuff she talks about can only be described as
    puerile.
    Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Speaking of Ruth Scott and your opinion of her radio skills. How the hell is paddy McKenna allowed on the airwaves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

As a resident of the city (Limerick) that produced Ms. Scott, I feel a certain amount of shame and responsibility that she is now terrorising the national airwaves with her guff. I beg for forgiveness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As a resident of the city (Limerick) that produced Ms. Scott, I feel a certain amount of shame and responsibility that she is now terrorising the national airwaves with her guff. I beg for forgiveness.
    Isn't ms. Scott a native of county Roscommon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Don't you mean life in general? :)

Really try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but her country accent is too strong for national radio. Her ****e-talking sounds like forced "craic" with the other lad she presents with. Normally turn the station over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought she was from Leitrim, or maybe it's Roscommon. Also though, she did start on 2FM many moons ago. She won a cmpetition to be DJ for a Day or something. I think it was back in the days of Barry Laing and the Hotline. I remember her coming on doing her spiel as an entry. She was quite good compared to the rest of them.

I wouldn't know the lady if she passed me on the street and I wouldn't be the biggest fan of her brand of presentation but she's pretty good at what she does, it's just not aimed at me really and I reckon I'm listening to her, not trying to get off with her so how she looks is fairly irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Alot of blatant sexism going on here lads and what her looks have to do with anything is completely irrevelant (mods do your job). I find her very natural on air and unlike some here, I dont take offence to her rural lilt, the same however cannot be said for cormac battle, ricks sidekick who i would deem surplus to requirements and is only on ricks show to duplicate what they are doing on the ray foley show. Rick and ruth are both good enough presenters to host their shows alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Really try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but her country accent is too strong for national radio. Her ****e-talking sounds like forced "craic" with the other lad she presents with. Normally turn the station over

So by your logic only neutral sounding accents should be on the radio?!? There is absolutely nothing wrong with a rural accent and such accents help to accentuate the Irishness of the station. IMO there are far too many mid-Atlantic drawls on the radio as it is.

I don't listen to Ms. Scott on the radio during the week but I do enjoy her show with Paddy McKenna on the weekends. They seem to have good chemistry and they play some great music. Isn't that what it's all about, no?

Once again a thread on the Radio Forum descends into personal abuse of a presenter with cheap shots from anonymous wannabes. I wouldn't expect anything less at this stage...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

ruth scott is hot and has a class radio voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

ruth scott ......... has a class radio voice

She sure does.

Now, your definition of "class" seems to be different to most others' definition!

Advertisement