Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Camera Flashed Me On The M50 - Doh!

Options
  • 07-03-2008 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Driving home late up the M50 tonight, totally forgot about the Speed Camera (Tallaght North Bound), and got double flashed doing around 80kph.

Anyone else been done here and how long does it take to get the fine and points in the post???

Thanks

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Let me know!!! There was talk these were false boxes, but they flash haven't heard of anybody gettting fined yet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It can take up to 3 months afaik. If I haven't heard anything after 3 weeks I'd forget about it.

I've been flashed before and never heard anything, not by that camera though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

your not the only one! - last night same thing... would like to know if anyone has received fine in post from this particular camera.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

On my last 6 journeys Ive seen it flash someone everytime. If it is active, and it is catching this many people, the time to receive may be longer then usual.

OP, I suspect the motorway was empty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know two people who got caught for speeding by that camera last year. AFAIK it's active I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Damn, I saw this thread and thought I might have been lucky.
    Got flashed there 4 weeks ago or so.
    I'll post if I get anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

I was flashed there last year. Nothing in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it took me 6 months to recieve my fine and points.

i think all the cameras are really, only a few of them have film in them though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

For the sake of slowing down for a few seconds to go through it would have saved you all this pain of waiting and the points and fine.

I always slow down and never gamble whether they are loaded or not.

For the sake of slowing down for a few seconds to go through it would have saved you all this pain of waiting and the points and fine.

I always slow down and never gamble whether they are loaded or not.

Slow down?... don't know about the opening OP, but in my case this was at midnight last night and it was my first time coming north bound from Templeogue on the M50 in months... i didn't even see the camera at the side of the road... didn't even know it was there.

Also, i was doing 70Kmh (45 mph)... it was only after the flashes that i spotted the 60kmh temporary signs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Got flashed in Nov, haven't heard anything...yet...

Slow down?... don't know about the opening OP, but in my case this was at midnight last night and it was my first time coming north bound from Templeogue on the M50 in months... i didn't even see the camera at the side of the road... didn't even know it was there.

Also, i was doing 70Kmh (45 mph)... it was only after the flashes that i spotted the 60kmh temporary signs

So you didn't see any of the big flashing signs that say the speed or any of the many many road signs that indicate the speed limit. You didn't see the Luminescent stickers they have added to the GATSO. You haven't read any papers talking about the speed limit. The speed limit has been inplace for well over a year.

Why exactly were you doing only 70kph anyway if you didnt know about the speed limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EamonnB

So you didn't see any of the big flashing signs that say the speed or any of the many many road signs that indicate the speed limit. You didn't see the Luminescent stickers they have added to the GATSO. You haven't read any papers talking about the speed limit. The speed limit has been inplace for well over a year.

Why exactly were you doing only 70kph anyway if you didnt know about the speed limit.

My God you're a superior one aren't you. We should all be just like you and then there'd be no probems.

The same Gatso flashed for me on Monday (10th March). Looks like I could be in for a wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You didn't see the Luminescent stickers they have added to the GATSO.

They took those away again a few weeks back.

They took those away again a few weeks back

Strange should follow the UK where its a legal requirement to have them so motorists can see the cameras and slow down.

As for being superior i think not merely pointing out the many many signs posted for the speed cameras and the speed limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

EamonnB wrote: »
    My God you're a superior one aren't you. We should all be just like you and then there'd be no probems.

It's a pity more aren't like him and we'd have less tragedy on our roads, less hassle and less stress. The speed limit is well signed at that spot, so no excuses.

The fine can take a couple of months to come through.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

There are approx 6 signs there that say stuff like 'Speed Camera' and 'Garda Speed Camera' as well as the 60kph speed limit signs both flashing and otherwise ~ no excuse really not to see any warnings and slow down...

We were heading to the airport a couple of weeks ago with a friend driving and we told her about the camera in advance and as we got closer told her to slow down, slow down, slow *flash!!* cos she was too busy saying 'what speed camera? Where??' Some people you just can't help.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Got flashed by this at 3am about a week after it was put up..
    Nothing yet... I reckon I was lucky and it was out of film.
    draffodx wrote: »
    it took me 6 months to recieve my fine and points.

Could have been an urban myth but I heard that if you don't receive notification of a misdemeanor within 6months it gets struck off...
    Anybody know if this is true?

There used to be an outright refusal of registered letters at my house unless we were expecting something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Could have been an urban myth but I heard that if you don't receive notification of a misdemeanor within 6months it gets struck off...
    Anybody know if this is true?

There used to be an outright refusal of registered letters at my house unless we were expecting something.

A: There is no 6 month limit
    B: Fines/Notices are not issued by registered post: just an ordinary love-letter in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

A: There is no 6 month limit
    B: Fines/Notices are not issued by registered post: just an ordinary love-letter in the post.
    Fair Enuff.. cheers for that.
    It was in my folks house way back when anyway.
    Before all this penalty points carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Ah the motors board backlash begins!!! My boyf was flashed there driving my car on Nov 14th, still no letter. there were several other cars about and we werent even sure who was caught, if anyone. it seemed to be flashing quite a few cars both ahead and behind us. not much help to you but ill let you know if anything arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It was flashing people going under 60 for a while. The thing is about as much good as a chocolate teapot.

Youre like my wife... bitch, bitch, moan! :p

Advertisement