Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accomodation near CIT

Options
  • 07-03-2008 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone
    Looking for accomodation near CIT preferably an apartment where do ye suggest going or where is the best??
    Thank u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

parchment square are nice apartments had a friend who lived in there. you could try daft.ie few places come up around model farm road too which is really near to cit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Eden Hall is pretty nice. Close to the college too
    http://www.edenhall.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

I lived in deanshall in bishopstown for 3 years, from the day it first opened until last year.
    They got very very fussy last year, i never got my deposit back from them, there we're burns in the carpet in my room that i noticed when i moved in, they claimed the carpets were replaced there previous summer which was BS, as there were still stains in the carpets. I dont smoke.

They also locked the patio doors "due to thefts", on the ground floor i can accept this, but i always have lived on the third floor, good luck to anyone who wants to scale the building.

Also, absolutly sh!t limited broadband which is 45e for 3months, & you'd be faster going to the library to get your information as it was soo slow, i'd say that they just have the one connection for all the 96 (or however many apts there are) in the complex.

and tv channel wise - rte1, rte2, tv3, tg4,skysports, chart-tv (music), bbc1 & bbc2 i think.

im living in a house now, which is grand, but after living in deans for 3 years im not the best at keeping up with bills etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The apartments on Victoria Cross are pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sonky353

EdenHall and Parchment only 5mins to CIT fairly handy like...had a friend who stayed in Deanshall said twas nice enough....right beside the Bishopstown Bar den :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

How about price of renting a house in Cork? I am renting a house 3 room in Bishopstown. The price is 1200 per month. I found the house from daft website. I think It is expensive because I have a friend in city center he just pay 1000 per month.

My point is how we can get a house for rent with less money? If we looking for house via letting agent it will expensive? Any suggestion? I plan to move to another house after summer.

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

ive lived in deans hall , parchment square and eden hall . Id say parchment is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

masadjie wrote: »
    How about price of renting a house in Cork? I am renting a house 3 room in Bishopstown. The price is 1200 per month. I found the house from daft website. I think It is expensive because I have a friend in city center he just pay 1000 per month.

My point is how we can get a house for rent with less money? If we looking for house via letting agent it will expensive? Any suggestion? I plan to move to another house after summer.

Regards,
    I think the best place to look is the Evening Echo or daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BonBon101

I lived in deanshall in bishopstown for 3 years, from the day it first opened until last year.
    They got very very fussy last year, i never got my deposit back from them, there we're burns in the carpet in my room that i noticed when i moved in, they claimed the carpets were replaced there previous summer which was BS, as there were still stains in the carpets. I dont smoke.

They also locked the patio doors "due to thefts", on the ground floor i can accept this, but i always have lived on the third floor, good luck to anyone who wants to scale the building.

Also, absolutly sh!t limited broadband which is 45e for 3months, & you'd be faster going to the library to get your information as it was soo slow, i'd say that they just have the one connection for all the 96 (or however many apts there are) in the complex.

and tv channel wise - rte1, rte2, tv3, tg4,skysports, chart-tv (music), bbc1 & bbc2 i think.

im living in a house now, which is grand, but after living in deans for 3 years im not the best at keeping up with bills etc...
    sorry to bring an old thread back to life but i have just seen this comment about deanshall which is very simular to my situation! I have been billed 250 euro from deanshall for the carpet in my room!They have taken the full 300 euro deposit this 250 euro is more money again!Im wondering are they really aloud change this much?and do i have to pay it when it comes down to it should i just complain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Depens on what sort of damage was done id say.

Advertisement