Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House contents insurance.

Options
  • 07-03-2008 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I live with my partner & her employer requires her to live on site. The house we live in belongs to her boss but we really want to take out some insurance for the contents that we both have. All the insurance companies only seem to provide cover if the house is ours.Does anybody know any companies that could provide the cover we require.

Thankyou in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

FBD and Quinn Direct do contents only cover as far as I am aware.
    Let us know if they give you a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 smithblack

Great thanks, will give both of them a buzz tomorrow, will let you know what they say.

Ogham wrote: »
    FBD and Quinn Direct do contents only cover as far as I am aware.
    Let us know if they give you a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i had contents only insured with hibernian when i was renting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I've gone thru Royal and Sun Alliance for years, have always been v competitive. Let me know how they all compare thanks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Many insurers are slow to give contents cover on rented properties particularly if it's shared accom. I think however that if it's a couple / family renting it changes the position somewhat. A mate of mine who was renting got cover for the contents from AXA. That was a couple of years ago so I don't know if they still do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Royal and Sun Alliance do contents only insurance... give their broker a ring... it's the AA.

Advertisement