Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 performance poor lately for others?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

I'll definitely be going over it this month for sure!

The Premiership run-in is gonna massacre my download limit, a 288kb stream averages out at 400 to 500 Meg per match. So bye bye 10 gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

So THATS why the service has been getting worse recently, with youself and Bond-007 burning up the data ;)

Projections show that I'll be only using 3-4 GB a month. Has there been any reports of hand-slapping/fines for anyone abusing the "fair-usage" policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭maims3875

foggy_lad wrote: »
    off topic slightly but i am having the same problem with the 3 data modem. at different times the service seems to drop quickly to almost nothing then a few hours later it resumes at around 700kbps.
    I am having the same problems with 3, in Mid Kerry. Was great during the 10 day trial but after that, poor. I called 3 and they said that they can change your settigns to increase the reception rate! I will be contacting them tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Has there been any reports of hand-slapping/fines for anyone abusing the "fair-usage" policy?
    Not to my knowledge. But no one knows what they call fair usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Not to my knowledge. But no one knows what they call fair usage.

10GB, no? Or do they restrict users below the cap under a fair usage policy?

• Advertisement

They don't restrict those under the cap. What I was saying is that no one knows at what point over the 10GB they don't consider fair usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

this may explain things if they have implemented this policy here too
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/09/o2_speed_limits/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I've downloaded 16 gigs before with o2. No mention of any problem on the bill.

At the moment the o2 connection is really bad. Sometimes I have to reconnect many times before I get a modem like speed. Already logged a problem a week or so ago still no feedback. I don't feel like complaining too much since before this point, a month ago say, the service was flawless.

Scruff wrote: »
    this may explain things if they have implemented this policy here too
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/09/o2_speed_limits/
    Yikes! :eek:

If they do that here you would have a case for breach of contract and you could cancel without penalty.

Yikes! :eek:

If they do that here you would have a case for breach of contract and you could cancel without penalty.

Yes because its a substantial change in service to the detriment of the user.

Lets hope they do it as soon as Eircom pull the finger out and upgrade my exchange :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

my download speed varies from 0.15kb/s to 1.27kb/s. very, very slow.

upload speed at the moment: 0.17kb/s to 1.12kb/s.

And I'm in the Dublin area. anyone else experiencing such poor performance.

Just registered a few days but i think I'll be returning it before the 30 days happiness guarantee expires. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Performance here in the midlands can vary anywhere from 2kb/s to 25kb/s. No HSDPA here anyways.

O2 support are not interested in doing anything, and at €40 a month they really should be doing something.

If you are not happy take the get out of jail for free card.

Performance here in the midlands can vary anywhere from 2kb/s to 25kb/s. No HSDPA here anyways.

O2 support are not interested in doing anything, and at €40 a month they really should be doing something.

If you are not happy take the get out of jail for free card.

I'll give it another week or two and see how it goes. it's slower than dial-up at the moment. but isn't it €30 per month (and €15 for the first 3 months) or did you get a different deal? :eek:

If you take o2 bb on its own it is €20 for the first 3 months then €40 thereafter.
    If you are an existing o2 contract customer you get the deal you are on.

If you take o2 bb on its own it is €20 for the first 3 months then €40 thereafter.

I'm a O2 Speakeasy customer but the guy in the O2 shop told me it was €15 for the first 3 months and €30 thereafter and that's what I assumed it cost before I signed up.
    So I'm not sure what I'll be charged when I'm finally billed for it. there's no mention of it on the receipt/contract...:confused:

Speakeasy is €20/€40 per month, basically no discount.

Speakeasy is €20/€40 per month, basically no discount.

yep I know but the guy in the shop told me 15/30 so I'm not sure what I'll be charged when I'm finally billed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's the way it was when I signed up too, but there's no mention of having to be an existing O2 subscriber to avail of it for €30 a month. It used to be detailed, but no longer. Have they reduced the price for everyone? I'm still paying €40 a month.

jor el wrote: »
    That's the way it was when I signed up too, but there's no mention of having to be an existing O2 subscriber to avail of it for €30 a month. It used to be detailed, but no longer. Have they reduced the price for everyone? I'm still paying €40 a month.

the terms and conditions on the O2 website state that it's €40 per month for non o2 bill phone customers/Speakeasy customers but it's not made very obvious when signing up for it.

I asked the guy in the o2 shop twice what the charges were and he told me €15/€30.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Online+offer/
    Yep, says €15 for 3 months then €30 thereafter.

I feel robbed. :mad:

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    the terms and conditions on the O2 website state that it's €40 per month for non o2 bill phone customers/Speakeasy customers but it's not made very obvious when signing up for it.

I asked the guy in the o2 shop twice what the charges were and he told me €15/€30.

It's not actually in the terms and conditions any more either. I'm on hold to customer service right now, she cant see any mention of €40 either. Waiting to get a definitive reply on it now. It's probably just been lost somewhere as they are sure it's only €30 for bill phone customers.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Online+offer/
    Yep, says €15 for 3 months then €30 thereafter.

I feel robbed. :mad:

Feel very robbed. I've just had confirmation that if you sign up online now, it's €30 a month. But existing customers get fleeced and have to pay €40. Plus, the new customers get the new modem, the one that'll be capable of 7.2M if they do increase speeds, the rest of us on the old E220 modem will never get more than 3.7M.

I might lodge an official complaint with them. If the price has changed, then surely everyone should pay the same. But because I've been a customer for longer, and have paid them more money, I get screwed. :mad:

Feel very robbed. I've just had confirmation that if you sign up online now, it's €30 a month. But existing customers get fleeced and have to pay €40. Plus, the new customers get the new modem, the one that'll be capable of 7.2M if they do increase speeds, the rest of us on the old E220 modem will never get more than 3.7M.

I might lodge an official complaint with them. If the price has changed, then surely everyone should pay the same. But because I've been a customer for longer, and have paid them more money, I get screwed. :mad:

So did you mention this on the phone today? I didn't order my o2 broadband online. does this mean it'll cost me €40 per month? anyone know?:confused:

So did you mention this on the phone today? I didn't order my o2 broadband online. does this mean it'll cost me €40 per month? anyone know?:confused:

I don't know if we will have any sucess at beating them down to €30. Worth a shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

el diablo wrote: »

Don't know how much they'll charge you, she told me it was an online offer (plus the online modem price is €10 cheaper). I told them it was ridiculous that they have two different charges, but they said there wasn't anything that could be done.

Sent in a complaint anyway through the website. Will see what happens.

Don't know how much they'll charge you, she told me it was an online offer (plus the online modem price is €10 cheaper). I told them it was ridiculous that they have two different charges, but they said there wasn't anything that could be done.

Sent in a complaint anyway through the website. Will see what happens.

I just read in the O2 magazine that it's $15/$30 for ALL new customers and that offer ends on 30th April.

I already have an on going complaint with o2 on performance. I've queried the price thing. Will update when I get a response.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

Xcellor wrote: »
    I already have an on going complaint with o2 on performance. I've queried the price thing. Will update when I get a response.

X

Hi,

Like yourself I now have an ongoing complaint ticket for the last 3 months.

No progress on this end. Any joy for you?

They are most likely aware of the capacity issue, don't want to admit this (for obvious marketing reasons), but are failing to resolve it.

Anyone has managed to get their price lowered to the new 75% cheaper price?

Advertisement