Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gilberto

Options
  • 07-03-2008 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Did Commoli sign Gilberto?...How is commoli still in his job??? Gilberto looked rubbish last night . Players in sunday leagues are told not to try and dribble ball across box and clear their lines. What was he up to? The writting was on the wall when he got booked 5 mins before goal and let psv player run through...Ramos took a big risk giving him his debut last night.

PSV are no mugs , they came 3rd in group to inter milan and fenerbache who are now in qtr final champo league , we deffo got a hard draw there. All is not lost there are goals in us and we'll never play as bad as we did last night again!!. if JJ is out next wednesday he'll be a massive loss though. COYS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

€5 says you take back the above about gilberto by christmas... looks a good player, 20+ caps for brazil... must be rubbish! :p he made a mistake.. how many times did berbatov mis-control the ball in the last third, or robbie misplayed a pass... defender/keeper makes a mistake and it gets spotted, everyone makes mistakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

BERBA wrote: »
    Did Commoli sign Gilberto?...How is commoli still in his job??? Gilberto looked rubbish last night . Players in sunday leagues are told not to try and dribble ball across box and clear their lines. What was he up to? The writting was on the wall when he got booked 5 mins before goal and let psv player run through...Ramos took a big risk giving him his debut last night.

PSV are no mugs , they came 3rd in group to inter milan and fenerbache who are now in qtr final champo league , we deffo got a hard draw there. All is not lost there are goals in us and we'll never play as bad as we did last night again!!. if JJ is out next wednesday he'll be a massive loss though. COYS

Will ye ever fcukin stop for jaysus sake. 45 Minutes in a Spurs jersey and he's crap, god give me strength !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

wat aload of SH*$,

Okay Berbatov dribbled the ball infront of the box against Birmingham at home need i remind you what happened then too, is he no better then Sunday League player too , grow up berba, and make your own opinions not ones the press put into you.

I watch a lot of German Football, Part German, and i can telly ou Gilberto is no shmuck. hes quality give him a chance.

Also Tarrabet looked busy when he came on - didnt seem to do much - but was busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

BERBA, I understand your frustration mate. It was a schoolboy error by Gilberto and made worse that it was in such an important game.

Still, we've got to give the lad a chance. I'll bet he never makes the same mistake again in a Spurs shirt.

Your right in saying PSV are no mugs and I've said in another thread that this was gonna be a tough test. I was very disapointed last night but now on relection I still fancy we'll take them in the 2nd leg.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Gave away a bad goal but i'd like to watch a few games first before judging him. With Brazil's record of FB's i doubt he's a mug.

Our biggest problem is a lack of creative midfield players - personally i'd rest Lennon for away leg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

sew wrote: »
    wat aload of SH*$,

Okay Berbatov dribbled the ball infront of the box against Birmingham at home need i remind you what happened then too, is he no better then Sunday League player too , grow up berba, and make your own opinions not ones the press put into you.

I watch a lot of German Football, Part German, and i can telly ou Gilberto is no shmuck. hes quality give him a chance.

Also Tarrabet looked busy when he came on - didnt seem to do much - but was busy.

Not guided by press , that is my opinion!.your not comparing like with like above. Strikers get paid to put the ball in the net and i would have thought defenders get paid to defend. Strikers wouldn't make the greatest defenders with all due respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Writing off a player after 45 minutes...sweet Jebus help me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Easy with the knee jerk reactions.
    Anyone remember Thorsvedt's debut ??

Time will tell if Gilberto is good enough, not 45mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I dont think ramus should have started him in such an important game because he must have been a bit rusty, but you can't judge a player after just half a game

**Cough Cough** Another poor performance from gilberto ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

**Cough Cough** Another poor performance from gilberto ;)

Time will tell!.big time frustrated midweek.yeah gotta give the guy a chance.but the jury is still out as far as im concerned..he came on with not long left in the game 2-0 up against 10 men ,chri$t i'd come on and do well myself in that scenario.!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

BERBA wrote: »
    Time will tell!.big time frustrated midweek.yeah gotta give the guy a chance.but the jury is still out as far as im concerned..he came on with not long left in the game 2-0 up against 10 men ,chri$t i'd come on and do well myself in that scenario.!

I thought he took his goal superbly - as good as any striker. Not match sharp yet - might end up in midfield.

@ Berba all I'm sayin is give the lad a chance, and just saying that we cant write him off for dribbling on the edge of the box as Berbatov did it too, To be far in my opinion Came on not long left against 10 men - sometimes that can go quite the opposite, as the other team will be working hard, and you could struggle to get into the game....

He took the goal really well, he played LB & LM in Germany, so hes used to having a overlapping L/B or W/B between him and bale they could cover each other and both make darting runs, into L/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

@ Berba all I'm sayin is give the lad a chance, and just saying that we cant write him off for dribbling on the edge of the box as Berbatov did it too, To be far in my opinion Came on not long left against 10 men - sometimes that can go quite the opposite, as the other team will be working hard, and you could struggle to get into the game....

He took the goal really well, he played LB & LM in Germany, so hes used to having a overlapping L/B or W/B between him and bale they could cover each other and both make darting runs, into L/M

Good squad player and will be involved in lots of games off the bench but won't be a regular starter next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

If he's good enough for Brasil then he's good enough for us.

yiddo wrote: »
    Good squad player and will be involved in lots of games off the bench but won't be a regular starter next season.

thats exactly what i mean - :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Obviously Bale is the first choice left full. Gilberto was never bought for anything other than cover with the remainder of the season and cup competitions in mind. I would be surprised if he was told he would be guaranteed a starting role and was integral part of the master plan when he signed.

Dont mean that - Of course bale is frst choice - just he can play LM as can bale, so it would be intresting as they can cover each other during a game - thats what i was getting at... sorry for confusion

Advertisement