Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipper

Options
  • 07-03-2008 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a chipper in the baggot street area??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Burger King and Abrakebra at Stephens Green end... Eddie Rockets down near the canal end.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved from F&D.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not sure if it's still there, but there was an Italian chipper at the start of Mespil Road (closest to Baggot St), opposite the petrol station.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's still there, but there was an Italian chipper at the start of Mespil Road (closest to Baggot St), opposite the petrol station.

Beshoff Bros is there

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

or theres a couple at the bath avenue/haddington road junction.

not exactly baggot st area I know, but not too far away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

zAbbo wrote: »
    Beshoff Bros is there

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jhealy74

leo burdocks up by christchurch is well worth the walk:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

So is Leo burdocks in Phibsboro, if your up for a stroll. Also the Burdocks own off Abbey street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

embassy grill in ballsbridge

jhealy74 wrote: »

No it's not work that long of a walk. Beshoffs or Embassy Grill are your best bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No it's not work that long of a walk.
    OP was talking of baggot street though. Burdocks is great, few still seem to know it is in abbey street. And in the abbey street one you can sit down and eat in the place, and there is no extra cost for this. I often go there, just get a fish and they throw a few chips on for free, great value, massive fillets.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

No it's not work that long of a walk. Beshoffs or Embassy Grill are your best bets.
    rubadub wrote: »
    OP was talking of baggot street though
    I think Gavin meant to say that it wasn't worth the walk to Werburgh Street.

I think Gavin meant to say that it wasn't worth the walk to Werburgh Street.

Yup, I did. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Depends where on Baggot st. It's a long enough road. On the non city end you've got Caffolas on the canal end. On the city end you've te fast food chains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jhealy74 wrote: »

It isn't its arse, its muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Mairt wrote: »
    It isn't its arse, its muck.

"It is in it's arse" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

zAbbo wrote: »
    Beshoff Bros is there

Anyone know if they are actually open at this time of the year? We went there Sunday and was closed and saw it closed the weekend before too. Just wondering if they 'don't do Sunday's' Went to the one at Howth back in August, best fish and chips I've managed to have so far in Dublin

Advertisement