Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAF Not allowed to wear uniforms in public

• 07-03-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/07/nraf107.xml

I spotted this on the front of paper this morning and just checked it out. Does anyone know what the full story is here? What operation started this RAF hate, if you want to call it that! Seems like a real shame to me. Service men and women should be held in high regard for all overseas duties regardless of the politics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pathfinder

Apparently is due to confrontations with youths in towns with Muslim populations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think it is only Peterborough they are not allowed to wear their uniforms in. As Pathfinder said, I think this is due to abuse from Muslim youths more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

:/ jayzus, not doing themselves any favors are they.surely they should be given sentences for attacking the state. That is what it is, if it was abuse to a cop they'd be locked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I think it is only Peterborough they are not allowed to wear their uniforms in. As Pathfinder said, I think this is due to abuse from Muslim youths more than anything.

Numptys

Advertisement