Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paving

Options
  • 07-03-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭

in the 3 bed mid-terrace houses there a section of the back garden that goes round the side of the house. In our case its extremely shaded, no grass will grow there and its just covered in mud and weeds so I'm thinking of extending the patio into this area.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this done and if so:

- how much did it cost you?
    - were you able to get matching paving slabs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

we laid decking right out to just slightly beyond where the the paved area stops and right around the side of the house. It was a bit pricey - €2,500 i think but is fab. same height as floors inside so it really extends the downstairs space. plus the dead space at the side is now decked and we keep our BBQ and sundry kids bikes etc there. it's great for the kids to pootle around and you can throw a few cushions or chairs out in the good weather for alfresco dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

neets wrote: »
    same height as floors inside so it really extends the downstairs space.

I'm hoping there is some damp-proofing and some form of drainage gully to take away rainwater at this location. Building regs require 150mm from the ground level to the Damp Proof Course (DPC) (except at wheelchair accessible ramps where appropriate damp-proofing details are used) - DPC which is usually at the floor level of the house.

If you are trying to sell your home in future it is something a building surveyor will pick up on and the cost to correct would be a bargaining tool.

...sorry.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement