Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed With 01 Laguna!!!

Options
  • 07-03-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to unlock the steering lock of an 01 Laguna without the card. The reason been a friends card/key has stopped working and the immobilizer won't go off or the ignition turn on so the car can't be towed to the garage unless we can the get the steering lock off :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Use the spare key ?
    Why wont the key work is the battery gone ?
    The faults are logged on the key - Bring the key to the dealer (i know, but has to be done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Cucullan wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its possible to unlock the steering lock of an 01 Laguna without the card. The reason been a friends card/key has stopped working and the immobilizer won't go off or the ignition turn on so the car can't be towed to the garage unless we can the get the steering lock off :(

Inside of the Laguna´s Key card is a another key, just pull in the bottom of the card.

That is a normal key that can be used to open the doors, but I am not sure can you open the steering lock

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

He doesn't have a spare key and the reason the steering needs to be unlocked is to tow it to the garage to get it looked at and re-program a new key for the car. He can get into the car no problem but can't release the steering lock so i was hoping someone might know a trick to unlock it :D

Advertisement