Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does Brady actually do?

Options
  • 07-03-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

So I was looking at this weeks college paper with Mrs. Notorious and we came across the article about Hugh Brady and the mis-allocation of funds into his bank account. I can't remember the exact figures but it stated that if Brady returned the x grand he nicked, then they'd give him his 19% pay increase thus giving him a higher wage than Bertie Ahern.
    It was then that we pondered, what does Hugh actually do? I know hes the president of the college (no Hugh, not the world), but what does the job entail? Apart from spending a few hours each day sitting in his tower, watching UCD's good students wander about the campus in utter confusion over the new 'bill' hes introduced, that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Earn €270,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

twas 12 grand... honestly - he must have a severe gambling problem if he needs to top up his 270,00 a year with a measly 12,000!

Anyway, who said an academic career couldnt pay well?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think I'd like to be President of the college some day. I promise to break the clique and make the college more accessible to the average student

...that should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I think hes bringing out an album this year

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

He hires consultants to consult with him on how to do things within consultative forums whilst consulting with staff and the union on how best to consult with the students.

Oh and he plays in his gym... *waits to see how many people actually know what she means*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Do not ask what Hugh Brady can do for you, but what you can do for Hugh Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

well,go and try to read about a job called CEO ,then you will probably spend the rest of your life to get the definition of that .In this case ,Brady's job is CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

What does he do? Ha! What doesn't he do?

He maximizes synergy. He explodes paradigms. He thinks outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The answer to your question is available on the UCD website. In fact it was quicker to find the official job description than to write this post...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The answer to your question is available on the UCD website. In fact it was quicker to find the official job description than to write this post...

For all you know I'm a light-speed typer :D

Thanking you; I never thought of looking there. I really don't like the UCD site so I generally avoid it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

What does Brady actually do?

... lures children into his gingerbread lair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

He maximizes synergy. He explodes paradigms. He thinks outside the box.

ROFL:D

Advertisement