Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance won't give details of cover prior to paying!

Options
  • 07-03-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I'm with Meteor PAYG, and have never had , or indeed ever lost a phone. Now, I've bought a new expensisve (very!) phone and while hopefull I won't loose it I am afraid of accidental damage, dropping or the like. thought I would insure it for the first yeear or 2.

So a company called Homecare provide the phone insurance for Meteor. I've spoken, searched the web and asked Meteor and nowhere can I get details of cover details, exclusions etc.
    A letter from Meteor asks me to send in €34.9 in envelope provided and then "Homecare will send you details of your insurance cover." I don't have home contents insurance, think the cheapest there is about €120.

I find this super strange that I can't get deatils of cover untill I've handed over the dosh.
    What to do,?

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Demand details upfront. If they refuse shop around and report Meteor & Homecare.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i wouldn't sign up without knowing the terms. you'll be able to cancel within probably 14 days if you don't accept the terms but its hassle to get your money back

can you get a number for homecare directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i wouldn't sign up without knowing the terms. you'll be able to cancel within probably 14 days if you don't accept the terms but its hassle to get your money back

can you get a number for homecare directly?

I did speak with Homecare, and they seem shocked by my question. I belive I was dealing with England. Can't find the number now. Was about three weeks ago. I think there ir a requirement that new phones are insured in the frst 45 days. I bought mine online from "technikdirekt.de" on 5th Feb

Will have another look, will report.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement