Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A veteran returns to the battlefield

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Are you kidding me?? BF2 is mediocre when compared to ET : QW ?? Give me a break :p .

BF2 ( and indeed 2142 ) use a "cone of fire" system, so bullets hit randomly within the cone. But yeah sniping is ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I came back to it about a week ago after about a similar time period away from it. Ranked up in about 2 minutes of playing again :p

Can't snipe at all anymore. Had forgot all the buttons too, but I managed to fare pretty well. was coming top of the team like the good old days.

Still full of insta proning/leaping idiots and grenade spamming.

Leapers are easy to kill (wait for them to land, shoot..repeat) and the proners are great up close. Leap over them and shoot them up the backside with your engineer shotgun FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah, they the other clan was seasoned(2500+ hours gameplay), it ruined the thoughts of going back to BF2

Most of those high ranked no lifers are awful at the game though. If you come across them, they start leaping wildly flailing their limbs in all directions. Far away, they just spam grenades. I've never seen one that impressed me. they're damn easy to take out if you don't get stunned by their awesome aerial theatrics :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Went back to it there myself, and was pissed by how much prone shoot has increased, it was bad when i left but its waay worse now. COD4 and DOD got it right, you can't come up shooting straight after going prone.

2142 sorted out the dolphine diving and nade spamming to an extent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I have thought of reinstalling it but i doubt i will really. Its too annoyong. As others have said. U put a whole clip into someone and then they just turn and one shot kill. Had enough of that really. I do still play bfv though. Still a brilliant game. Had a number of good games on Ho chi minh trail. love that map :).

Just had a BF2 match tonight, it was the first time I actually played in a BF2 match in a while, I had a blast!! I really do appreciate the whole team dymanic much more after coming back from CoD4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'd be playing BF2 all the time if my internet connection wasn't **** wireless. I really miss flying those choppers, its beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Just bought the Delux edition as I seem to have lost all my original discs...somehow...

I wish these pr1cks would put on the box the version (Patched up to)

Is this the Full version, like fully patched? Would that not make sense??
    I tried installing 1.41 but it States "EPIC FAIL" :confused:

Help? :(:( When I do run the game is is saying in the bottom right something along the lines of 1.01.2888 or something like that.

I is confoosed.

Advertisement