Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my corsa..check it out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

definately an acquired taste! doesnt float my boat but different things for different people, if your trying to sell it i'd suggest putting the original bumpers back on if possible, you'll have a wider target market then

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

dude other bumpers scrapped ages ago....nice respray colour on it ya have to love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

pecker1992 wrote: »
    dude other bumpers scrapped ages ago....nice respray colour on it ya have to love it

eh no you dont ... its horrid

i resent that and ur cars so great now is it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bat77

Needs bigger rims and spacers, good luck with NCT.

• Advertisement

what do u mean by good luck with nct

You could be failed on the sticker you have on the windscreen for a start, also a lot of centres will test a modded car longer than a standard one (go out of there way to try and fail you).
    I bring cars every month for NCT and I can tell you that when it comes to the suspension performance tester majority of the time a modifed cars will spend 2 - 4 times longer on it, even seen it bust a shock once.

bat77 wrote: »
    You could be failed on the sticker you have on the windscreen for a start, also a lot of centers will test a modded car longer than a standard one (go out of there way to try and fail you).
    I bring cars every month for NCT and I can tell you that when it comes to the suspension performance tester majority of the time a modified cars will spend 2 - 4 times longer on it, even seen it bust a shock once.

dude the suspension is stock in the car all mods are mostly bodywork in this and as for the sticker i don't think they would seeing as its a sun visor and if they do ill remove it and just get a new one the only thing this car needs 4 the nct is to take out the induction kit and replace it with a stock air filter which i already have the parts for:Do and i dont mean to sound stupid but whats a spacer??? o and i had 17" toora"s on it but they were reducing the handling so i replaced them with the new ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

That is horrible man, sell that on!

no it aint horrible id love to see ur first car probly a fiesta van dat some farmer towed cows along in a field for 100000 miles or so with more rust than a celibates c*ck so keep ur negative opinions to urself if its not ur style its not ur style dats all u had to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Its not my stlye!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:!!:eek:!:eek:!!:eek:!!:eek:!:eek:!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wouldn't do anything for me, but fair play for all the effort put in! I prefer functional mods and have a particular dislike for fibreglass.
    What's the interior like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

How much you end up paying for it? €4k seems very optimistic?

Not my style, I'd get a POS now then go for something nice when I could afford the insurance!

If you're happy with it though then thats the main thing! Go enjoy it, easy over the speed bumps!

enough man i paid enough for it like i said im open to reasonable offers its a great car the wide arch kit is not something you see every day and the ferrari red respray finishies it nicely especially great coz its minded like a child i only drove it at weekends do u no i have this car nearly a year and not even 1000 miles since i got it & its going for a service this week like i said reasonable offers ne1??? oo the interior is pretty normal man i dont like racing seats so its just half leather seat covers 6x9 xplods excellent silvercrest cd player will play off mp3s nokia 5200's ipods etc and it will also hold memory cards memory sticks also i have new chrome/red racing pedals and a red/chrome lift up reverse gearknob with leather gator that havent been fitted they come with the car..... any other questions anybody.......

id love to see ur first car

A4

oo i wonder how much daddy paid for that

If by daddy, you mean bank loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

enough man i paid enough for it like i said im open to reasonable offers its a great car the wide arch kit is not something you see every day and the ferrari red respray finishies it nicely especially great coz its minded like a child i only drove it at weekends do u no i have this car nearly a year and not even 1000 miles since i got it & its going for a service this week like i said reasonable offers ne1??? oo the interior is pretty normal man i dont like racing seats so its just half leather seat covers 6x9 xplods excellent silvercrest cd player will play off mp3s nokia 5200's ipods etc and it will also hold memory cards memory sticks also i have new chrome/red racing pedals and a red/chrome lift up reverse gearknob with leather gator that havent been fitted they come with the car..... any other questions anybody.......

Man honestly........! WTF?!! Its a 1 litre!! The whole mesh grill is so 1997 man! That style has gone out years ago!! I'd prefare a Nova GSI or a VW polo fox 1.3 supercharged to this ****ebox and you'd pick up a clean one for 2 grand!!

The rear bumper looks like its off a yaris and the whole kit dosent even have nice lines!!!! (its not a nice body kit in simple terms!)

I supose a ferrari red respray will give it an extra 20 bhp!!

Personally i would'nt be seen in,near or in the vicinity of this Skangermebanger!!

Your best bet is to drive it into a ditch or wall and write it off because no one is going to pay a near four grand for a 1ltr ferrari red ****ebox!

Its people like you that put the modified cars to same...... :mad:

Learn and research how to style a car not a fiberglass funday party! And learn what style is aswell!

Clean OEM styling is where its at. Spend your money on where it counts, Bolt ons for the Engine, not on chrome gearknobs and pedal sets....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Dude you could do with a few lessons in spelling and grammar.

I'm not trying to be a pr1ck but seriously it looks a lot more genuine and professional if you do that much. Some people won't take your ad seriously the way you've it written.

No NCT sends out alarm bells to me as well. And what's a "gator"? I presume you meant a gaiter.

And why is there no mention of service history? I assume that there is none because you never mentioned it. Why is there no pics of the interior either?

There is a load of info there in your advert, but you put it all in one big massive sentence, and there is a lot of info there, but I had to read it a few times before it made any sense to me. Why not just use a few bullet points about some of the mods? Here's an example:

- Red leather gear gaiter recently fitted
    - 15 inch Isipiri rims(or alloy wheels if you prefer) with low profile tyres fitted 3 months ago
    etc, etc.

Having the info in bullet points makes it a lot easier to read(and it means people will know what's been done straight away, so that will promote more interest straight away).

I actually like the look(though I hope there's no fibreglass, it feels all wrong) of the car(apart from the sticker on the front) of the car btw though, but being a 1.0 litre engine means it has all the power of a butterfly no doubt.

A spacer is for making the gap between the left and right wheels wider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Sorry man, thought you were just after buying it from reading your 1st post. Wouldn't have asked you how much you paid for it otherwise.
    Good luck with sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Not my cup of tea, it looks like it was an english import vauxhall too. im sure there will be some one out there mad to buy it though!!

e92 thank you for the advice i have cleaned the ad up now more pics will follow soon and as foe you dfer..i guess in your eyes nobody can have different taste and so please dont annoy me and take your simple one track mind elsewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Guys please take into consideration that pecker1992 is probably 17. Now think back to when you were that age and some of the things you thought were cool at that stage of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Fair play for the work you put into it.. Who cares if some people dont like it as long as you do.. Each to there own..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The problem is that is will be always a Corsa. Don't expect complementary comments. It's nothing special TBH. Lol at the obligatory "L" plate :D

The pic you have up of the front of the car, whats wrong with the front ? the bonnet doesn't seem to be sitting right.

i was taking the induction kit out the same day man i musnt have closed it right its fine man il be taking some new photos of it today and the will be up tonight man and the some more of the interior 2moro thanks for pointing it out tho cheers

Thought i'd mention it as something like that would have people thinking there's something a miss when it may be something as simple as a bonnet not closed right.

Good luck with the sale :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i see no wrong in modifying any car. its better than pissing it up against the wall or snortin yer money up your nose. i did the whole mickey mouse modifying thing a few years back on a 1.4 saxo but ended up taking most of it off in favor of clean lines and ye get sick of listening to your own exhaust........unless its a scooby. the only advice ied give is dont waste yer money on bull****, work on the brakes suspension and engine and leave the halfords ****e for ppl with more money then sense. spend yer money where your goin to appreciate it in a decent car. hope the sale goes well.

• Advertisement

i see no wrong in modifying any car. its better than pissing it up against the wall or snortin yer money up your nose. i did the whole mickey mouse modifying thing a few years back on a 1.4 saxo but ended up taking most of it off in favor of clean lines and ye get sick of listening to your own exhaust........unless its a scooby. the only advice ied give is dont waste yer money on bull****, work on the brakes suspension and engine and leave the halfords ****e for ppl with more money then sense. spend yer money where your goin to appreciate it in a decent car. hope the sale goes well.

cheers man i appreciate that:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement