Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice From Print Design Professionals

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

When I was doing this graphic stuff it was Xpress, Illustrator and Photoshop. We used postscript for sending to the scanner and now it's Acrobat. If the program is capable of being translated to Acrobat that will work fine but beware of the settings and always print out a proof.

I also use Serif PagePlus and this works fine.

Now if a guy uses Publisher and it works then fine but otherwise he give the raw text and a model of what he wants laid out. On the other hand if the graphic artist starts toying around the publisher design with inDesign, Illustrator and Phortoshop he's offside. If he accepts the work he must state which type of file he needs and in default should give the client an estimate for the extra work.

I was in the print game for 35 years and have a reasonably good idea of where you are all coming from.;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

minikin wrote: »
    Sorry sully, never made a reference to his engineering education, his university, his lecturers, the university nurse or the lollipop lady who brings him across the road every morning... if you can show me where i did I'd be glad to retract it... as I'm sure all of the above are A*

2318241651_07b870fb74_o.jpg
    image copyright minikin pictorial industries 1914-2008

Stop editing your posts to slap in stupid remarks. Its immature and highly unprofessional.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread has about 12 hours to live as we're getting no where here. I stand by every word I've written on this thread. Everyone is wrong.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

DeVore wrote: »
    This thread has about 12 hours to live as we're getting no where here. I stand by every word I've written on this thread. Everyone is wrong.

DeV.

I'm not! Close it now before we get more grey lightswitches;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm going to remove references to the company now from this thread.
    Check post #13.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Stop editing your posts to slap in stupid remarks. Its immature and highly unprofessional.

Sully, would you ever cop on... i edited the post to insert the pic (my way of saying that as far as i was concerned the whole sorry affair was over... try to leave the thing on a positive note)

nothing in the post was stupid, immature or highly unprofessional
    (we're supposed to be professional posters? hands up who gets paid to post here...)

Maybe spend more time on certain aspects of certain things and you wouldn't feel so threatened by constructive criticism

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully, would you ever cop on... i edited the post to insert the pic (my way of saying that as far as i was concerned the whole sorry affair was over... try to leave the thing on a positive note)

nothing in the post was stupid, immature or highly unprofessional
    (we're supposed to be professional posters? hands up who gets paid to post here...)

Sorry but I felt you were just being immature with that post. If you wanted to come across another way, I guess its my fault for thinking opposite of you. I just got used to your posts that way, that's all.
    Maybe spend more time on certain aspects of certain things and you wouldn't feel so threatened by constructive criticism

Amusing :) Threatened? Very amusing. My Inbox awaits all your "constructive criticism".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

heggie wrote: »
    you mentioned it to back up your claims, bragging about A+ basically saying we were wrong. I've nothing more to add to this anyway.

Of course I was using it to back up my claims , after all it was relevant.

If you are going to continue to insult me due to my age minikin then at least know that I am 18 so you can be factually correct in that at least .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

you couldn't handle it son... wouldn't want you running to the king pin again (what did you do threaten to pull advertising... you the man!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

you couldn't handle it son... wouldn't want you running to the king pin again (what did you do threaten to pull advertising... you the man!)

The confusion that post has instilled within me knows no bounds.

ie what are ye on about ?

• Advertisement

Son? God you craic me up, you should come a professional entertainer!

As for that lame comment... we are not advertising on Boards. Seriously lad, come up with a better argument! Your letting your side down!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've just deleted two posts of mine before posting them because I can't lock this thread if I say what I am really thinking right now. So instead of perpetuating this debacle I'm just going to lock it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If this thread had started in any other forum it would have been moved to the Thunderdome ages ago.

With the exception of one or two lucid posts it's the worst feedback thread I've ever seen.

Very disappointing chaps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement