Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto Profit

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Hi Subway

I glad you think its hilarious.
    ”To improve my chances of winning I buy the same line twice in different shops”

This is for the time when the National Lottery decide to let a large roll over be won by more than one winner, they can scan the computer database to pick a sequence of six numbers which may have been picked 2 or 3 times by members of the public to allow a large roll over be divided between 2 or more winners.

Just keep on eye on this over the next few years!
    Or go back and look at past roll over winners.
    i understood your point the first time.
    i still think its imposible to take your theory seriously.

all the results are on lotto.ie, please demonstrate a pattern, rather than providing anecdotal evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I see you live in a dream world where space ships go to the moon, and you see the Lotto and the game show Deal or no Deal as a game of chance!

Where the Garda can drive over people in the street, even if they have a bald tyre on there car and get away with it.

It is up to the National Lottery to prove me wrong!

Regards
    Brian

Cheers. I was feeling in a bad mood the last few days but you have cheered me up no end.
    I appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

How I was told it was ''rigged'' was that when people do a quick pick the some numbers are left out. And usually only happens at certain times. For example for every 100,000 tickets sold across the country the numbers 1-10 are used less frequently so when the draw takes place and one of the numbers between 1-10 come out the odds of someone winning the jackpot is reduced.
    I kinda understand the logic behind this way of thinking. But please dont ask me to elaborate!!

If this were the case someone would have to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

heymcflyx wrote: »
    How I was told it was ''rigged'' was that when people do a quick pick the some numbers are left out. And usually only happens at certain times. For example for every 100,000 tickets sold across the country the numbers 1-10 are used less frequently so when the draw takes place and one of the numbers between 1-10 come out the odds of someone winning the jackpot is reduced.
    I kinda understand the logic behind this way of thinking. But please dont ask me to elaborate!!

If this were the case someone would have to set it up.

Obviously the Lotto being rigged is a ridiculous idea.

However funnily enough that idea you put up there would be great looking at the last 8 draws. The amount of 1-10's coming out in the main six numbers is a bit mad. The most recent is the first one.

01 03 08 26 31 39
    04 05 11 12 19 40
    06 08 09 13 22 33
    02 05 06 09 30 37
    02 16 23 33 38 41
    03 04 30 40 42 43
    16 17 21 31 35 36
    03 12 25 28 35 45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Collie D wrote: »
    I am really starting to hope that neither Brian Nolan or berliner ever win so much as a scratch card on the Lotto.

Rigged!!! FFS.
    I won't win anything because I don't waste money on it anymore.If ever there was a mugs game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I was hoping and I guess others were too that this thread would die a natural death.
    OP came on and said we are all idiots to play it. That's fine. It's his/her opinion. Then it got hijacked by someone who claimed the Lotto was fixed. As conspiracy theories go this was reaching.

Can we stop it now?

Mods - suggestion to lock this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Couldn't agree with u more BadBrian what a ridiculous thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

I think its amazing considering the amount of condemming information posted in the thread above that the lottery havent made it harder to get this information. I think it wont be long before the national newspapers pickup on this obvious trend, and no i dont want to hear from people saying its coincidence that we have 10 odd bank holidays a year and its obviously going to coincide with a few of them or that since theyve increased the amount of numbers in the lotto it will rollover more, that just cover up talk. For what its worth ive also noticed alot of draws have been won on a Saturday over 50% if im correct and is that not strange considering theres 7 days in the week. So i thank brian for bringing this matter to the public and id also encourage you to setup a forum where these issues can be discussed rationally and not with the prejiduce its got in this thread and people following others like sheep. Also if you setup the forum i would feel its a good place to discuss my ideas on the National Lottery posting sumbliminal adverts too.

Keep up the good work Brian

very impressive BrianNolan!!!!!! Being as u obviously have so much spare time, can u check to see how many rollovers there have been and then work out as a %,rollovers won to b/h,rollovers won to normal!!!

to quote Dvdfan

"For what its worth I've noticed that alot of the draws have been won on a Saturday, over 50% if im correct and is that not strange considering theres 7 days in a week"

what the hell are u talking about u are correct there are 7 days in a week -fair play to ya all is not lost.the lotto is on Wed and Sat so it stands to reason a good no. of the draws would be won on a Sat. I've heard it all now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Anyone know when was the last time someone last won with a non-quickpick lotto, i.e. they picked all the winning numbers themselves. Have always pondered that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I am now self employed in the property business, as anyone who knows me will tell you that that for the past 4 years I have predicted a major drop in the value of Irish property and I predict a further fall of up 40% over the next 4 to 5 years as the Irish economy heads in to a major recession, no matter how much the banks what to talk things up.

You're David McWilliams, aren't you?
    raheny red wrote: »
    Anyone know when was the last time someone last won with a non-quickpick lotto, i.e. they picked all the winning numbers themselves. Have always pondered that?

Often read about people using their birthday, anniversary etc and winning

badbrian wrote: »
    I was hoping and I guess others were too that this thread would die a natural death.
    OP came on and said we are all idiots to play it. That's fine. It's his/her opinion. Then it got hijacked by someone who claimed the Lotto was fixed. As conspiracy theories go this was reaching.

Can we stop it now?

Mods - suggestion to lock this thread.
    if you're not interested go somewhere else.

briannolan-you thank dvdfan for his support-wow that must mean something. he thinks the lotto is on 7 days a week for goodness sake.

Brian Nolan...your posts are really thought provoking.I'm enjoying reading your posts.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is a very entertaining thread, and I'm glad it was suggested that I read it, but there are too many people that seem like they eat goats and live under bridges for this to be a proper discussion. As someone pointed out, perhaps tongue in cheek, go to the conspiracyt theory forum with your 'facts', and dvdfan, lol!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement