Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stadium

Options
  • 07-03-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Just FYI,
    The new stadium in behind the medicine building gets its first competitive match tonight. UCD vs Derry in soccer at about half seven.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I thought it was being used for rugby matches the last year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yeh its not 'new'. Its new to soccer but it is a few years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah I noticed they put some pretty UCD logos up there when i was walking past today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

pithater1 wrote: »
    I thought it was being used for rugby matches the last year :confused:

You're right, I probably wasn't very clear. 'Redeveloped' is probably a better word than 'new'. A bigger stand was put in as well as a little bit of terracing and creature comforts like spectator toilets and a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

dropped into the UCD vs Kildare match a few weeks back and i was really impressed with the Bowl, the facilities are from a different world compared to Belfield Park and you can't ask for a better location on campus. only negative aspect is the pitch, which was awful due to the rugby and i was speaking to a player who said he was concerned over it for the season ahead

great nifty little ground tho'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

For playing rugby its great IMHO but for soccer i'd have my doubts, the grass seems wrong ,too robust and doesn't seem like you could pass a ball along it easily. Plus there are craploads of potchmarks/divets last time I played there, still really good facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

For playing rugby its great IMHO but for soccer i'd have my doubts, the grass seems wrong ,too robust and doesn't seem like you could pass a ball along it easily. Plus there are craploads of potchmarks/divets last time I played there, still really good facilities

Advertisement