Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xtravision trade in deals

• 07-03-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

looking to bully for 360

and had a goo at xtravision website which has assassins creed trade in value for 50 euro

i assume these are bound to the same legislation as purchases, aka a price advertised must be honoured

would this be correct?

anyway i hear they do the best trade in prices gna trade in a few and grab bully, maybe army of two although im sceptical about it

anyone have any info on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Prices advertised are only an "invitation to treat" and they are under no obligation to sell it to you at that price. It would apply to second hand games being sold also as by right the game is the Property of Xtrvision

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You probably could get 50 euro for assassins creed or something close to it. Xtravision have always been great for trade in value. I recently got 40 euros off a game for Kane and Lynch and 35 for the Darkness which isn't to be scoffed at. You always get better value if you trade it against a game so do that instead of getting cash. They can check the value of the game on the system so ask them to do that first to see if you are getting a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You probably could get 50 euro for assassins creed or something close to it. Xtravision have always been great for trade in value. I recently got 40 euros off a game for Kane and Lynch and 35 for the Darkness which isn't to be scoffed at. You always get better value if you trade it against a game so do that instead of getting cash. They can check the value of the game on the system so ask them to do that first to see if you are getting a good deal.

I'll echo a lot of what Retr0 is saying, but I don't think you'll get near 50 for Assassins Creed. Most, if not all shops, are selling it for €45 or less brand new. Also, OP, where are you getting this bound by legislation thing from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Do you know how much Bully is in xtravision ?

€50 for Assassins creed is very good value, id take that deal. Problem for me is i only trade in really old games. End up gettin about €3 for them !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

OP, i think you are reading the site wrong

that €50 is how much it costs to buy it 2nd hand, not how much you get for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It isn't €50, I got €35 for it in xtravision, and that was over a month ago so it's probably less now.

I was think €50 trade in wouldnt leave them a lot of profit for reselling alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Smoggy wrote: »
    Do you know how much Bully is in xtravision ?

It's €55 in Gaystop anyway, dunno about Xtravision!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

was in the XV down the road at lunch and the guy there said id get €35 for Assassins Creed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

U can get it used for €29.99 in game now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Yea they're selling AC for fiddy in xtravision.

Bully was rubbish on ps2 imo.

Got DMC4 yet? Orange Box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah he said its 35 and they are going to take down that part of the site.

but the price displayed is the trade in value, what it was in like november

said its 35 which is still good, and 20 for darkness, defo be trading my things with xtravision, great prices.

and my ma bought me army of two from france, but then i told her to buy me bully, its a free game like

have all the games you need to have, although i might get orange box

being putting it off but think i might invest

Advertisement