Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to work.

Options
  • 07-03-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,I was on the dole for a few years and transferred over to disability allowance because of social phobia which I've been on for a year and a half or so.I've made a lot of progress in overcoming this crappy limitation and whilst "on the sidelines",I started taking my online gambling a lot more serious that I used to.I know it sounds like a bit of a dodgy job but I am fairly good at what I do and am confident and optimistic of being able to earn a living from this area on an ongoing basis.My question is how do I go about becoming legit again?Gambling winning are tax free as far as I'm aware of but I would like to qualify for the back to work enterprise allowance which would give me some more time to get my finances and myself together.one of the requirements for qualifying is:"setting up a business that a partnership company or a facilitator has approved in writing in advance". I have no idea what this means and would love if somebody could enlighten me(!) or offer any other advice.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You could contact your local citizen's information centre, they're generally very knowledgable on how you can become legit etc. They can possibly advise you of your options and/or best route to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

If Revenue deem you to be earning your living from gambling (as you are presumably going to claim to get the back-to-work allowance), they will tax your winnings as income.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Have you ever considered doing cognitive behavioural therapy..im not being smart or anything but normally CBT is quite affective in dealing with anxiety.

Probably a good bet to visit http://www.citizensinformation.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ramtha

Thanks for the advice guys.Much appreciated. I'm not sure about CBT but I swear I've tried everything else on the planet, Literally!! I'm finally making some progress using hypnosis so will continue with that for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Have a look at the psychology forum for any more info on it.

Relaxation training can be quite good if you ever feel anxious in a certain situation like when there's crowds of people in shopping centre.

Anyhow best of luck with everything :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ramtha

Cheers Snorlax. :)

Advertisement