Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiplap timber shed

Options
  • 07-03-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Is shiplap timber hard wearing or is it the cheapest? I am getting a shed and a playhouse and i have been shopping around. One company said shiplaped was in the rustic model and another said it was in their Classic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

If you want a shed that will last more than 10 years, I would highly recommend a metal Yardmaster shed. See here at Argos. You'll have to assemble it yourself and build a concrete base for it (ideally), but they dont cost much more than a wooden one, and will last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lolalane

Thanks m stan I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Lolalane wrote: »
    Is shiplap timber hard wearing or is it the cheapest? I am getting a shed and a playhouse and i have been shopping around. One company said shiplaped was in the rustic model and another said it was in their Classic.

Shiplap is a good quality board and has a neat outward appearance however for a longer lasting durable quality insist on a pressure treated shiplap finish. Costs a little more but well worth it. Take alook at Kellys in Glenealy excellent PT barrel board finish available.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lolalane

Sonnenblumen, Thats the answer i was looking for thank you. It is pressure treated i am looking at. Midwest sheds have great prices compared to others and are near enough to me.

Advertisement