Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Groupset Question?

Options
  • 07-03-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I currently have a Shimano Triple Groupset. I got rid of the smallest ring (Inner ring). Basically its a double crank now. Still I have the STi Levers adjusted to triple. Whats the easiest way to adjust the lever to only do double transfer if at all possible? Would it be just tweaking the cables or is it more serious than that. Not a huge fan of the front and rear derailments, try to avoid them as much as possible. Thanks and help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Put the chainring back on. Your left shifter will be triple specific. You would need to change the shifter. Maybe the crank too depending on the spacing of the crank and bottom bracket.

Not worth it. Keep the extra chainring I reckon, you never know when it will come in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

What groupset is it? I'm pretty sure the 105 shifters are non-specific to double/triple cranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Not sure what benefit you are getting by removing the inner ring. Weight saving would be absolutely tiny and you wouldn't be changing the Q factor.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Why did you take the chainring off?
    penexpers wrote: »
    What groupset is it? I'm pretty sure the 105 shifters are non-specific to double/triple cranks.

105 is non-specific, yes. It's Ultegra and up that have triple specfic shifters, at least in the current range.

Advertisement