Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 turn offs + ons. men/women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Well I don't know then... :p

Stubborn does have its charms though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

might be all I have to attract the males so! ;)

Not sure how many other guys out there like it though. ^^

So lose the stubborness? Ha :) Let's change this topic. Else I'll be known as a right stubborn biatch :D But if there's any tall dark haired intelligent funny thoughtful guards or glasses wearing men out there who like stubborness, get back to me ;) lol

Dark hair. Boo-urns. Not going to approach the guards bit seen as one of my mates wants to become one. But I don't really need to say any more. ;)

As for glasses, well yeah, they do rock. /flex :P

• Advertisement

I'd like to meet your friend then :p

Not really, he's got a girlfriend and a kid due soon. So he's probably taken.

Not really, he's got a girlfriend and a kid due soon. So he's probably taken.
    Probably yeah :p Oh well lol :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Ons:

As skinny as it's possible to be without looking like a guy (not a popular preference, I know)
    Dark hair
    Smart
    General feistiness
    Awareness of/interest in the world around you

Offs:

Fake tan. Seriously, it looks weird and unnatural. There's nothing wrong with being pale in winter time.
    Liking trashy, irrelevant crap like Big Brother
    Facial hair. We can still see it when you bleach it, girls :pac:
    That 'glam' look that's popular right now. Y'know, with the huge hair and all that
    Religious

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DAS***

offs:
    1. Blokes who dont know who they are
    2. Insecurity
    3. Wasters
    4. Too eager to please
    5. Sleaze

ons:
    1. Muscles/Nice Bod. Even better is he's a gardener too:D
    2. Has personality/is v.interesting
    3. Ambition
    4. Cuddly and longs for cuddles(most important)
    5. Honesty

• Advertisement

Probably yeah :p Oh well lol :D

Was worth hoping. ;)

Is there anyone out there who does like fake tan? Or is it universally unpopular?

yeah but what are people meant to do? It's attractive [a real tan] but those of us who don't tan just need a helping hand. For what it's worth, a little glow is okay but I don't like orangeness or the likes either. But I can't see it stopping women putting it on, maybe stop them from overloading on it, but it's deemed to be attractive and I wear it on the odd occasion myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

yeah but what are people meant to do? It's attractive [a real tan] but those of us who don't tan just need a helping hand. For what it's worth, a little glow is okay but I don't like orangeness or the likes either. But I can't see it stopping women putting it on, maybe stop them from overloading on it, but it's deemed to be attractive and I wear it on the odd occasion myself!

It seems to be only women that deem it attractive though.

Surely the point of it is to appeal to the opposite sex?

Lol true! I don't see what hte problem is though if it's on properly, then nobody should know if it's fake or not! :D

Lol true! I don't see what hte problem is though if it's on properly, then nobody should know if it's fake or not! :D

It's the smell mostly, then the taste.

Smell, taste, and then the fact that it reeks of desperation and shallowness. It sends out so many wrong signals it's not even funny.

Even seen some guys who've started wearing it now as well. What's this world coming to? :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

guidooompadg9.jpg

Phlann wrote: »
    guidooompadg9.jpg
    LoL thank you for that! I think I'm ok though, judging by any photos taken of me it doesn't really look like I'm wearing any so I'm not gonna worry just yet! :D

Also, unless the wimmens are using instant stuff [in which case it's really funny to pour your drink on her as it'll wash off instantly!] they'll be more than likely to put it on a day or two beforehand, so after a shower, you shouldn't be able to smell it! If you can smell it she's likely to be a dirty wan! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

It really bothers me when a girl is insanely insecure so the point its all she talks about. Now I know everyone can be a little insecure but when you're with the girl, you've made it clear you're interested and you think she's gorgeous and then she starts with this "I'm so ugly" stuff, well, its a turn off.

JangoFett wrote: »
    It really bothers me when a girl is insanely insecure so the point its all she talks about. Now I know everyone can be a little insecure but when you're with the girl, you've made it clear you're interested and you think she's gorgeous and then she starts with this "I'm so ugly" stuff, well, its a turn off.

+1

Just take the damn compliments with a smile!

• Advertisement

JangoFett wrote: »
    You're right. I'm like that though, but I'm improving! I would just hate to be really confident and for people to think "What the hell has she to be confident about?" Gah. Vicious circle. I'm learning though. I know it's a complete turn off.

I'm flirting with this girl at the moment and she keeps bumming out the tone all the time by saying she's ugly and such, but she isn't she's really good looking and cute as hell. I know it sounds mean but when I say she's gorgeous she should realise thats what I think about her

She should! Some people's confidence levels though have been shattered because of one reason or another. Try and find out why she feels as she does. Although it does bum the tone out yeah. She's lucky that you think that of her :) Keep reassuring her. That's all you can do. She'll cop on sometime. Probably when it's too late and she's lost you, but... I don't know. I feel like her so can't really offer any advice! Sorry!

She should! Some people's confidence levels though have been shattered because of one reason or another. Try and find out why she feels as she does. Although it does bum the tone out yeah. She's lucky that you think that of her :) Keep reassuring her. That's all you can do. She'll cop on sometime. Probably when it's too late and she's lost you, but... I don't know. I feel like her so can't really offer any advice! Sorry!

I get ya, and I should be more patient, a girl I was with for 3 years never took a compliment and I think that may have sapped all my patience for those situations, maybe I should be more romantic lol

Maybe! Or she may be fishing for compliments! ;) I just realised the things I was self conscious about and wouldn't accept compliments for is just plain stupid! There's probably many other things that himself finds annoying than the things I think he does ;) Confusing huh? :P

I used to have problems accepting them but then I realised thats what this person saw in me and then it was cool

You're right. They wouldn't say it unless they thought it! Thanks! I realise that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Ons:

Intelligence.
    Nice smile.
    Warm eyes.
    Good teeth.
    Quirky sense of humour.
    Good skin.
    Curvy / Nice proportion.
    Legs that look good in a skirt
    Comfortable in her own skin.
    Interested in the real world around her. Not Heat /Big Brother bollóx
    Energetic.
    Kind hearted.
    Not afraid to stand out from the crowd and be different.
    Independent. Varied interests and hobbies.
    Interested in travel and other cultures.
    Not afraid to show her soft side.

Offs:

Self obsessed.
    Celebrity obsessed. Heat / Big brother etc.
    Fake tan.
    Bleached blonde hair.
    Any lack of personal hygiene.
    Hard faced.
    Lack of proportion (thick waist on skinny legs - how rotten is that?)
    Needy / Clingy
    Hostile.
    Materialistic.
    Lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Since when did "top 5 turn ons/offs" turn into "everything I can possibly think of that I like/dislike" :pac:

• Advertisement

You're right. They wouldn't say it unless they thought it! Thanks! I realise that now!

Really?
    Cuz people tend to be sarcastic on this a lot

Advertisement