Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 turn offs + ons. men/women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

dublindude wrote: »
    Feminists recognise men and women are different, but want equality where there should be equality (like in the workplace.)

Well maybe they should get stronger and less stupid. :D

Ba-Zing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

They're not feminists; they're unstable, depressed morons.

Feminists recognise men and women are different, but want equality where there should be equality (like in the workplace.)

Your definition is true in the context of the womens rights movement.Thats a few decades ago. I think its morphed into something different these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

No, it's still the same. Unfortunately only the crazies get on TV and the radio. The vast majority of feminists are normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Im female.

Turn Offs

1. Bad Skin
    2. Bad Hygiene
    3. Close Minded
    4. Tracksuits
    5. Small Penis (sorry but its true)

Turn Ons.

1. Tall
    2. Broad Body
    3. Funny
    4. Nice thick hair but not too long.
    5. A bit brooding like Heathcliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

LadyJ wrote: »
    Can I add another turn off? Men who throw around words like "feminism" without actually having a clue what they're talking about.

Rather than simply stating that that guy doesn't know what feminism means (because you don't actually know whether he does or not), perhaps you could tell us what you think it means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Rather than simply stating that that guy doesn't know what feminism means (because you don't actually know whether he does or not), perhaps you could tell us what you think it means.

I was referring to your definition actually and a dublindude already gave the correct definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Marksie wrote: »
    I will have to check my appointments book so PM, i may have some gaps in august.

Though you may be lucky with a cancellation, or perhaps don't mind doubling up?

:D

Throw in a free filofax and I'll think about it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Lux23 wrote: »
    Im female.

Turn Offs

5. Small Penis (sorry but its true)

QUOTE]

Have to agree with that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

St Bill wrote: »
    Throw in a free filofax and I'll think about it :p

there ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

My definition of feminism? Girls with a complex about their sex.

It's the kind of bird that gets angry when you open a door for them i try to stay way from. i got serious hairdry treatment before by a female flatmate before when i told i'd take the bins out coz it wasn't a ladies job
    Call me old fashioned but with those type of girls its like stepping on eggshells all the time--no thanks.

Tbh, I can see where they're coming from. I'm perfectly happy for a guy to open doors for me, and do menial chores that I'm not arsed to do but sometimes things like that (not necessarily what you were doing) can feel patronizing. Depends really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Im female.

Turn Ons.

1. passionate about something/anything. Like music/sport/films/politics/sex
    2. Intellegence
    3. good taste in music. I'm so sick of the generic u2/killers crap so many guys seem to be into.
    4. messy hair or curly hair or long hair
    5. dark eyes/ long eye lashes[/shallowness]

Turn offs:
    1. arrogance
    2. life revolves around going on the beer all the time. Up for a laugh yes, no other interests, no.

they're the only two major ones really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Im female.

Turn Ons.

1. passionate about something/anything. Like music/sport/films/politics/sex
    2. Intellegence
    3. good taste in music. I'm so sick of the generic u2/killers crap so many guys seem to be into.
    4. messy hair or curly hair or long hair
    5. dark eyes/ long eye lashes[/shallowness]

Turn offs:
    1. arrogance
    2. life revolves around going on the beer all the time. Up for a laugh yes, no other interests, no.

they're the only two major ones really.

*blushes*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm male.

Turn On's

Intelligence (an absolute must)
    Good dress sense
    Originality
    Opinionated
    Big into music
    Brunette
    Sporty
    Applebum (a De La Soul fan would be nice as well)
    Non-Irish :D

Turn Off's

FAKE TANS (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP WITH THAT CRAP)
    Too much make up
    Vanity/barbie dolls
    No interests outside of gossip/trends
    Skinny chicks
    Forces her friends on you
    Janus faced
    Generally any girl who dresses like everyone else, talks like everyone else, thinks like everyone else and is completely incapable of being an individual.

I was referring to your definition actually and a dublindude already gave the correct definition.

I'm female. And I don't agree with Dublindude's definition. What about the men who are seeking equal rights when fighting for custody of their children? What do we call that, maleism?

In the past feminism did stand for something I would have believed in and as women we're lucky that there were women (and men) who were willing to stand up against the status quo. But today, in the Western world, it has become how I have described it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Kold wrote: »
    *blushes*

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Kold wrote: »
    *blushes*

groom. groom, groom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I'm female. And I don't agree with Dublindude's definition. What about the men who are seeking equal rights when fighting for custody of their children? What do we call that, maleism?

Chauvinistic pigs!

No, those men are just looking for equality. It's not as if there's a whole lobby of women who are trying to hang men out to dry in divorces, just collective individuals. The reason why men are fighting for custody of their children is because the law is very much in favour of women in this instance, same as the statutory rape cases.
    In the past feminism did stand for something I would have believed in and as women we're lucky that there were women (and men) who were willing to stand up against the status quo. But today, in the Western world, it has become how I have described it.

Personally I can't think of any examples of women wanting more rights than men except for a few stupid women talking out of their holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

This is all completely off topic Chunky Monkey but it really sadens me to hear that you are female and this is your view of feminism. Feminism is about women believing that both men and women should have equal rights and be treated equally (which in a lot of countries and with regard to say, something like salary in Ireland even isn't the case).

A lot of crazy people take feminism too far and fall into the category of man-hating lunatics but that's not what feminism is really about. It's about equality.

Maybe there should be a word for men who want equal rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Masculism? It's kind of a male version of feminism.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Masculism? It's kind of a male version of feminism.
    Real men take whatever rights they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

On
    1. Good Personality
    2. Native Irish speaker and/or knowledge of a foreign language
    3. Able to fix things
    4. treats mam and sisters well
    5. Child/animal friendly

off
    1. obnoxious/lazy/stupid
    2. being late for things
    3. nose hair
    4. bad hygeine
    5. bad manners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

I'm female :D

In men

Turn Ons:
    1. Brunettes
    2. Stubble....love it!
    3. Manners
    4. Dark eyes
    5. Nice smile

Turn Offs
    1. Bad manners
    2. Clingy boys.....ggrrrrrr
    3. Bad hygiene - smells/ looks unwashed/ dirty clothes
    4. Obnoxiousness
    5. Follow the crowd types

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I forgot to add i hate men who can't keep to time and cancel at the last minute

Sorry for continuing to go off topic, I couldn't find the feminism thread in the ladies lounge. Last post- maybe rather than have separate words for men and women looking for equal rights shouldn't it just be called humans looking for equality? I think the men issue come up quite a lot now because we are beginning to break away from the traditional roles, men staying at home to mind the kids while the women are the breadwinners (happened with my family, my dad got a lot of stick for it), men becoming nurses (still quite taboo and very hard still for male midwives), men being abused by their wives etc.

There are equality problems for both sexes and I think labelling them individually just widens the gap.

Anyway, sorry for the interuption :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Having read most of the posts, I find it sad to say the least that where men and women are concerned we now find it nessecary to exclude those who have an imperfection of one type or another. I think that the only way forward is that we stay the f**k away from each other. You may indeed find that certain guy or gal who meets with your set of criteria. But heaven forbid that person may change, they may loose weight or gain it. The shoulders may narrow over time,the blue eyes could loose their sparkle,the pert breats may sag. What then? Lets just be cognisent of the fact that we are all imperfect in some way and perfect in many others.

For the record.

I'm male.
    Turn On's.
    Alive
    Large
    Funny
    Clean

Turn Offs
    Dead
    Dirty
    Unpleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Personally would like to see equal rights for both sexes. :)

That's what real feminism is about. Sure you will get some hard core mentalities who define themselves as feminist but don't let them tar your view. Those kind of people crop up everywhere no matter what the issue. Patriarchy creates just as much inequalities for men as for women and the aim of feminism is to counter this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

That's what real feminism is about. Sure you will get some hard core mentalities who define themselves as feminist but don't let them tar your view. Those kind of people crop up everywhere no matter what the issue. Patriarchy creates just as much inequalities for men as for women and the aim of feminism is to counter this.

No discrimination is positive discrimination ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Ons
    tall
    fit
    big blue eyes
    funny
    sexually open minded
    big dick and hands ;)
    sensitive
    caring

Offs

Arrogant