Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoos on tanned skin

Options
  • 07-03-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the opinion is on tattoos and pale or tanned skin. Personally i think they look alot better on tanned skin, mine does anyway;)

Does your tattoo look better when you have a tan? 5 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    60% 3 votes
    always looks good
    40% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doesn't really make a difference.

Tattoos should really be kept out of direct sunlight where possible, as it leads to faster breakdown of the pigment.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

not just saying this cuz i'm like a milk bottle, but i think they're nicer on paler skin, especially if it's a coloured piece, it stands out more.

i guess that a plain black piece would look nice against tanned skin but i'm all for the porcelain look! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

I love tattos!! I have 2 and i think they do look a bit better on tanned skin, but not too tanned! I have a friend who is quite pale and has 5 tats and they look really well on her cos they suit her and her pale skin....

So i think it really depends on if they suit the person or not....am i making sense?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

i guess that a plain black piece would look nice against tanned skin but i'm all for the porcelain look! :p

mine is a black piece!! dont get me wrong i like mine all the time and since im irish its usually on very white skin, i just think that it blends in a bit better when i have a tan.

mac123 wrote: »
    mine is a black piece!! dont get me wrong i like mine all the time and since im irish its usually on very white skin, i just think that it blends in a bit better when i have a tan.
    That could just be the edges breaking up due to the UV exposure... ;):p

(Only messing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

That could just be the edges breaking up due to the UV exposure... ;):p

(Only messing)

haha you got me there! nah i put a high factor cream on the tat itself so not too worried about damage being done! dont get much sun either:(

In this country, who does? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

as i am a bronze god and covered in the most beautiful tattoos id have to say that tan is the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

i prefer the look of mine when im tanned!!! but i just like when i have a tan anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Colour tattoos look better on pale skin for obvious reasons. The colours are move vivid and contrast the skin better. Certain types of tattoo's look better on darker skin, samoan/tribal/chicano etc because they were traditionally for darker skin. I have talked to a few tattooists about this and they all preferred pale skin for colour work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

can't wai tto get my sleeves so :D

Advertisement