Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uneven walls

Options
  • 07-03-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I am renovating a house and all the walls have been both wallpapered and painted before and are very uneven. Any tips on what to do that isnt too costly or time consuming?

I have considered dry lining but have decided not to go with that after finding out the cost!
    I have used pollyfilla in one room already but even after sanding and working with it for ages, it still didnt come out well, when the paint goes on you can still see all the uneven bits.

preferably I want to paint the walls, but I would definatelly consider wallpapering as well.

Hoping for tips and ideas soon!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sculptor

You could try lining paper, it's offwhite and then you paint it.
    Distressed walls are very trendy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

With all the time you are wasting filling & sanding & it still doesn't look right you would be better off to slab the walls witha 12mm slab & skim at least you would have a clean finish for painting & when you get around to an external wall put 50mm insulated slab on that one it will make the room warmer in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

I have seen glass fibre re-inforced wallpapers used on an old building to mask cracks and bumps. It worked well and was just painted over when finished.

It's available in Ireland although the link is in the UK glass-fibre wallcoverings

Advertisement