Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

documentary

Options
  • 07-03-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Earthlings <<click

EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity's absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called "non-human providers." The film is narrated by Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix (GLADIATOR) and features music by the critically acclaimed platinum artist Moby.
    With an in-depth study into pet stores, puppy mills and animals shelters, as well as factory farms, the leather and fur trades, sports and entertainment industries, and finally the medical and scientific profession, EARTHLINGS uses hidden cameras and never before seen footage to chronicle the day-to-day practices of some of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit. Powerful, informative and thought-provoking, EARTHLINGS is by far the most comprehensive documentary ever produced on the correlation between nature, animals, and human economic interests. There are many worthy animal rights films available, but this one transcends the setting. EARTHLINGS cries to be seen. Highly recommended!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

I saw this documentary about 3 months ago, i've been a vegetarian now over a year and i would highly recommend this film.

Its very graphic, but it shows you the truth about the meat industry and the lack of respect for life on this planet.

I cried at least 3 times in this film. I felt so sad after watching this film but it will change the way you think of everyday things that we take for granted.

If you decide to watch this film please watch the whole 1hr and 30 mins as it is one of the best documentaries of the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ladyA

Thanks for sharing this with us. Excellent and reminded me of why I turned vegetarian, just feel ashamed I ever ate meat to begin with.

Advertisement