Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby's Prices on Thursday

• 07-03-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭

I went into Ruby's last night, and i know i expected to pay money and all that, but they were letting the girls in for free, while the lads have to pay 9euro. Isn't this really sexist?? Surely they are breaking sum sort of rules there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would agree with you but no one seems to give a **** if it is men that are being shafted. Imagine if it was the other way around. There would be war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tubey

Ladies Night. It's been going for years all over the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

This aint allowed anymore and does not happen due to eqauliy rights

Im sure Rubys dont do this 100% maybe u just saw few women being looked after as i work for the group and thye do not do this 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Nope i was told that all the girls got in free. The girl who you pay the money to just says its free in for women. Just thought i one off thing, but one the lads was saying this morning that his girlfriend got in free last thursday aswell. it's disgraceful i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's been like that for time immemorial in Waterford as far as I know. Thur here, Wed some place else, Tue in another town..... I had no idea that it had ever stopped to be honest.
    Pick a slow night, let women in free to boost the numbers of men willing to throw money over the counter to chase skirt. It's a win-win situation as long as you own the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Roen wrote: »
    It's been like that for time immemorial in Waterford as far as I know. Thur here, Wed some place else, Tue in another town..... I had no idea that it had ever stopped to be honest.
    Pick a slow night, let women in free to boost the numbers of men willing to throw money over the counter to chase skirt. It's a win-win situation as long as you own the venue.

Its actually no allowed tbd and could end up with a civil action case if pursued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

such is life - nature of the business im afraid

lol Big Slick Poker...the guy who knows everything about nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Prove him wrong then if you are going to come out with something like that. It is sexism.

Last time I checked it is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

big slick poker
    not to sure where your going with this is probably illegal these days but that doesnt mean its not still happening.im knocking around this town awhile lets just say since the day's of the pulpit ,preachers , Egan's, old stand, and Brenn's the equality laws in the world wont change the fact that if you fill up a nite club with women fellows come flocking.and even if these women go in for free you might break even at the door but you get it back 10 fold at the bar.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Prove him wrong then if you are going to come out with something like that. It is sexism.

Last time I checked it is illegal.

Check again. And show us your results.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

henboy9 wrote: »
    big slick poker
    not to sure where your going with this is probably illegal these days but that doesnt mean its not still happening.im knocking around this town awhile lets just say since the day's of the pulpit ,preachers , Egan's, old stand, and Brenn's the equality laws in the world wont change the fact that if you fill up a nite club with women fellows come flocking.and even if these women go in for free you might break even at the door but you get it back 10 fold at the bar.

From what I can tell, and I dont know why people are being so hard on the lad, he just said that the incident in question is illegal. I dont think he is denying that it happened or that it happens, but he simply said they shouldnt be doing it by law..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Contact the Equality Authority for a definitive answer.

Advertisement