Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Sligo??

Options
  • 07-03-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Myself and a few friends are heading to sligo for my friends birthday sat 15th of March.. Havn't been out here before and just wondering what the nite life is like.. Where are the best places to go for the craic! and which niteclubs are the best!! any information would be great

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Belfrey Pub, McHughes Pub followed by the Velvet Room Nightclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

what kinda age are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

tratto wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Myself and a few friends are heading to sligo for my friends birthday sat 15th of March.. Havn't been out here before and just wondering what the nite life is like.. Where are the best places to go for the craic! and which niteclubs are the best!! any information would be great

cheers!

There is always a good buzz in McHughs and The Belfry on a Saturday night.
    The 15th you say, a mate of mine from Galway is playing in The Clarence that night...If you are into house music and that crap then that would be good, otherwise no.

Really depends on what age ye all are though.

Also JIZZLORD...Bahahaha Busted in your signature :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Fiddler's and the Belfry followed by the Velvet Room. Maybe McHugh's as well. Note that Velvet is over 23's but if everyone is 21+ and has I.D. you should get in. They're also very tight on dress code too. No combats, trainers or jeans that are ripped up. Afterwards the 4 Lanterns is the grease dispensory of choice. Best curry chips in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Best curry chips in town??????
    surely that resides in Mollys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

fiddlers for the few warm up drinks, then mchughs, good crowd, good music, then the velvet rooms or the clarance

as for the curry chips, defo the happy eater, but as a little bit away from the main drag, would have to be a doner from best, before jumping into your taxi

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Happy Eater all the way but a bit of a trek after the nightclub!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Molly's have the best chips, no question. The Happy Eater has lovely food in general. I find both their currys too much like other chippers everywhere though. The 4 Lights are completely different. Having said that, I have a liking for curry chips and will eat them from almost anywhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Molly's is closed by the time that anyone would want post-drink chips so it's a moot point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

For me Molly's has the best chips in general but the Happy Eater defo has the best curry chips, or curry cheese chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The idea of curry cheese chips makes me a little ill.

Four Lights chips are excellent - prefer them to Molly's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Xiney wrote: »

Four Lights chips are excellent - prefer them to Molly's.

Yeah, who would have thought adding cheese to curry chips would have been a good idea, but it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Xiney wrote: »
    Sounds like recipe for 'post drink chips"!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

ok going out in sligo well mcgarigles is a good start off place after that is entirely up to your taste in music.

Envy for top 40 music and all the chart rubish

Toffs more or less the same music but the crowd there isnt full of 17 -18 year olds where envy is.

Velvet Room for pretty much the same and if your lucky you can hear songs that were number one 5 or 6 years ago e.g. venga boys

The Clarence different to the rest more dance/trance music minimal dance music that doest really go anywhere.

Really its up to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

tratto wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

cheers!

Bit late, but I think you can see from how quickly this thread decended into where to get chips afterwards what a night out in sligo is like:
    Looks, smells and "next morning" tastes like curry chips and coleslaw

Hope you had fun!?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

elshambo wrote: »
    but I think you can see from how quickly this thread decended into where to get chips afterwards
    Indeed and here was me thinking that everyone had been told about off topic posting in another thread.

The event is now over and as this thread has gone to the dogs I'll lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement