Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Friday Drinkies...

Options
  • 07-03-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey Girls!

Thought id ask ye this cos.. we'll us women know everything!! :):):)

Booked a beautiful spa break for myself and Himself ((well, being honest, its for myself!!)) for Good Friday weekend...

My Dahling Mama says that hotels serve alcohol on good Fridays, is this right?! I would have though in this multi-cultural Ireland, resturaunts etc serve alcohol on Good Friday...!? Cant actually remember what I did last year..

Thanks ladies...
    Super x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

As far as I know Hotels are the only place in Ireland allowed serve alcohol on Good Friday, ye gotta be a resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Cathooo wrote: »
    As far as I know Hotels are the only place in Ireland allowed serve alcohol on Good Friday, ye gotta be a resident.

do they? I was always told airports were the only place allowed to serve alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Funnily enough... I was in Rome last week at easter Week!! On GOOD FRIDAY (!!!) we were in a restaurant 5 mins walk from the Colosseum were the Pope was doing an Easter Vigil Mass & we were served wine, everyone was drinking it!! Crazy!! Coz we had actually gone an bought a bottle in the shop on Holy Thursday to have the following night after dinner!! Crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cathooo wrote: »

And it goes on your room bill and you settle up the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What about trains...? I think trains and train stations have some sort of exemption as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Yeah they do. So to drink on Good Friday you need to either book into a hotel or go for a bit of a trip on an inter city train. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

or just get to the offo early.

I've heard a pub has to serve you if you have a swan wrapped around your ankles as swans are considered magic in the eyes of the law.

oh dude, have you seen the basis of my new piece yet?

cos this pic is it, and kinda breaks a few rules round here...

Snap108.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

So basically, that guy can get a drink on Good Friday?

Is it one drink per swan?

• Advertisement

i'll have four swans... that;'s gotta count for something.

yeah... 4 swans probably entitles him to medicinal marijuana.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

thanks guys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

gotta get me some swans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Theatres also have a licence to serve on Good Friday.

Advertisement